Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what did you do to your non-Protege today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking into sway bar upgrades for my boring Honda and judging by the forums my options are terminal understeer or death by snap oversteer

kinda tempted to go with the oversteer option since I'm used to it from driving years of BGs and the Accord has a huge wheelbase so honestly how bad could it be?
    sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
    92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

I put some braided PC cable sleeves on two of the VW's plug leads as a test yesterday.

So far I inspected them after a short trip, and they were fine. But I'll have to drive more to see if it's worth looking for blue sleeves (unless I end up liking the yellow, which I already have).
      '87 Mazda 323 SL - daily driver, backup show car (being restored as I get time)
      '82 BMW 518i (E12/8) with 32/34 Weber and Simota cone - old show car (stolen)
      '70 VW 411L Auto - show/restoration project to replace 518i - sold
      '99 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster - show project

Comment

changed the rear shocks in my sister's '11 Fiesta today. not sure if the shocks went first and took out the bump stops, or the bump stops deteriorated and caused the shocks to blow out, but either way they were both ****ed. now she can replace the cupped rear tires.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by atomicEGT View Post
          I'm looking into sway bar upgrades for my boring Honda and judging by the forums my options are terminal understeer or death by snap oversteer

kinda tempted to go with the oversteer option since I'm used to it from driving years of BGs and the Accord has a huge wheelbase so honestly how bad could it be?
          Death by understeer is mundane and tedious. Death by oversteer is a better obit.
          '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
          '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
          http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

bought some tires. 215/50-15 Achilles ATK sport. 140 treadwear. pretty sticky looking. 74 bucks a piece, on sale during 4th of july.
            put said tires on the back of my '86 Corolla SR-5 coupe. looks beefy AF. can't wait to get the fronts on.
            yanked the rear coilover shocks from my '85 Corolla hatchback GT-S. verified they are indeed rebuildable, because one is blown and needs a refill. probably just some oil and o-rings.
            got everything disconnected except for four bolts and two hoses, to remove my 4AGE from the GT-s, and get ready to put into the SR-5.
            trying to decide between a bmw 228i, 428i, 2016+ camaro v6/1LE, or a Kia K900 VIP....

Comment

I tried to fix the front door locks in the VW.

I managed to figure out how the door panels come off (no screws, apart from the window lever and door lever trim, and some self-tappers a previous owner put in), and found that the lock mechanisms themselves are busted (can often only unlock from inside). Also, to remove the lock the window along with the winder and rails must all come out first.

Oh, and I looked into the possibility of power locks (it already has an alarm), but that didn't seem doable.

Comment

Originally posted by jay View Post
                Death by understeer is mundane and tedious. Death by oversteer is a better obit.
                fact.

Originally posted by SgtRauksauff View Post
                trying to decide between a bmw 228i, 428i, 2016+ camaro v6/1LE, or a Kia K900 VIP....
                how many of these have you driven? the 228i/428i are fun but I wouldn't want to pay for one and the Camaro sounds rad for a V6 and is supposed to perform pretty well but has godawful visibility...
                sigpic

Comment

I drove the VW to a scrapyard this morning, and spent the whole day with a worker there trying to get the centre tie rod out of a 412 Variant.

After many hours and a very unhappy back (suspected disc injury in my school days, brought back to life when I crawled under the second car in a 4-car pile), I finally managed to get the car (and almost complete steering system) to a mechanic.

Now I still need to get the tip of the speedometer cable out, it's stuck in the speedo (and the mechanic can't get it out). Ideas?

Comment

jump-started it, because the ****ing rubber stopper that keeps the plunger for the brake light switch pushed in fell the **** apart and led to my brake lights being on until the battery died (and ruined the bulbs).

bought new bulbs and epoxied some pocket change in to replace the rubber thing- it's worked on my ZX2 and S13, no sense in doing something different
                    sigpic

Comment

What the hell man, this car hates you...
                      '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
                      '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
                      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, since it's 14 years old and it's hot af down here, given the clutch stopper fell apart a few months ago I'm not *too* surprised. I managed to grab a parking spot in front of my apartment tonight so at least if it happens again I'll be able to catch it before the battery dies.

also it might hate me but guaranteed I hate it more, the K24 is the biggest piece of junk motor I've ever had, there is literally nothing good about it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by atomicEGT View Post
                          I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, since it's 14 years old and it's hot af down here, given the clutch stopper fell apart a few months ago I'm not *too* surprised. I managed to grab a parking spot in front of my apartment tonight so at least if it happens again I'll be able to catch it before the battery dies.

also it might hate me but guaranteed I hate it more, the K24 is the biggest piece of junk motor I've ever had, there is literally nothing good about it.
                          There's your problem. It's a teenager.

Comment

Now I also have a teenage car. I just hope it doesn't hate me.

Anyway, I took my new primary show car ('99 Z3 roadster, as in my sig) in to have the exhaust checked. Some idiot PO ripped the factory stainless system out and replaced it with an extremely loud mild steel system. I thought it had a leak, but turns out it's just a super loud silencer, so I'm just going to replace the silencer box for now (I have too many expenses at the moment, and I can't stand that drone).

And then I saw cracks on the inner sidewall of one tyre, while the car was on the lift.

Comment

Not much have been done on one of my cars over the last month or more, I have been given the boot at the place I am staying so the house hunting is keeping me busy....... Really sucks that I can't do about anything nowadays until I have moved to a new house.
                              Life sucks and then some more..........

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

That sucks. Good luck with the house hunting.

Comment

Working...
                                X