GTR Dash Vin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GTR Dash Vin

So I was looking over my gtr today and realized that it doesn't have a dash vin nor a vin sticker in the door jam
    It does however have the two vins on the firewall (plate & firewall stamping) I also realized that the last 6-8 digits of the vin are stamped into the rear window.
    When I purchased the car it just so happened they placed an auction paper over where the dash vin plate would be... Go figure lol
    I did get the original bill of sale from France(was sold to the owner I purchased from) and all importation paperwork, so I know it wasn't stolen... I got a notarized bill of sale in my name and a NH vin verification...
    My question is does anyone have a picture of a European 323 GTR dash vin & a USDM door jam vin sticker?
    I have no clue if vehicles imported as "race cars" have the dash vins removed before importation or if someone was trying to do a quick vin swap(wouldn't be surprised).
    If someone could take a picture and just black out the last 5-6 digits of there vin that would be awesome... I've searched the internet for hours trying to find one with no luck. I have no clue if the US dash plate is the same as the Euro, and I'm interested in seeing the fda/dot reg on the door jam sticker.
    Just wondering out of curiosity
    This is not for illegal purposes!

I know for sure the JDM BGs have no dash VIN, mine doesn't, nor does my friend's.
    sigpic
    1992 Familia GT-X
    1988 323 GTX
    2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
    2014 Civic Touring

Comment

The dash from my halfcut had no vin plate either.

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
      HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
      Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

Nor mine. Just the plate and firewall stamp. And not the 17 digit code we're familiar with; it's much shorter.
        1990 Protege 4WD
        GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
        ├┼┤
        2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Weird... It definitely has holes for a dash plate and you can also see the imprint of where one used to be... It does have the factory 17 digit stamp and plate on the firewall... I checked all the windows today and it does have all the last digits of the vin on every window.
          Does anyone have a picture of what the US BG 323 door jam sticker vin looks like?
          Last edited by 323gtr1993; 10-13-2012, 12:37 PM.

Comment

I can try and snag a pic today

Comment

Comment

Strange, maybe someone was planning a VIN swap with yours. Mine definitely doesn't have a spot for it on the dash. Your VIN also looks more like a North American VIN. Mine is shorter, and starts with BG.

Edit: I just woke up, I thought the VIN pic was the OP's.
                Last edited by DuRWooD; 10-13-2012, 04:14 PM.
                sigpic
                1992 Familia GT-X
                1988 323 GTX
                2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
                2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Thank you so much for the picture, it's pretty much impossible to find one on the net... You can delete it if you want, I've already saved it... I've noticed when you upload pictures on this site you can view them on google images...

It must be a European thing, I have no clue... My vin starts with JMZBG83********** 17 digits

I had no way to tell the year of the car, luckily I was going through the factory service manual that came with the car and the original owner from France documented all the maintenance that had been done since the factory. I also found a french registration with the month and date of the car. I tried decoding the vin but realized you can't figure out what year it is that way, just 90-94.

Comment

Just 92-94 if it's a GT-R.

Here this might help you: http://www.protegefaq.net/models.html.
                    Last edited by me109; 10-13-2012, 07:20 PM. Reason: Added link
                    1990 Protege 4WD
                    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
                    ├┼┤
                    2 4 R

Comment

I can decode everything except the model year and the series/car number... My model year is "0" on the general market section. Model year "0"= No meaning... Their is not much information on the GTR's made just for France from what I've read online only 200 were made and they have the series stickers above the front fender marker lights. Rated for 190hp... I've only read about a handful after searching online for hours but never seen the fender stickers like mine has.

Mystery Car!
                      JMZBG83J200******

Edit: I've found a couple with the fender stickers.
                      Last edited by 323gtr1993; 10-13-2012, 11:33 PM.

Comment

As for the dash vin plate, my car is missing the limited sticker off the dash... I have no clue if it actually came with a dash vin or if it was just the limited plate/sticker... I'll check the holes on the dash were the plate was mounted... As you can see from the pictures below it was centered off the wiper arm...

Last edited by 323gtr1993; 10-13-2012, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Could be O (not zero).
                          1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
                          ├┼┤
                          2 4 R

Comment

I can't see a thing in those pictures, but if people are saying no VIN on the dash plate, then I agree with Durwood with someone may have tried to do a VIN swap with another car.

Also from what I've gathered over the years is there are no "o"s just zeros, no Q, U, Z or i

so your VIN is JM2BG83J200....
                            -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

From what I understand the only people that have replied about the dash vin have had/seen only 10 digit serial number cars... I have no clue about the Euro 17... I'm trying to find someone else with a euro spec car that can verify.
                              The pictures are of the limited series number given to the car on the dash, you may be able to view them in my photobucket... http://s875.beta.photobucket.com/use...ted%20stickers

As for the vin it's JMZ

On an European/Israeli/Russian BG/BHA/BJ 323, the VIN should be as follows:
                              JMZxx####x#######
                              |||| |||||||
                              |||| ||||||Series & Car #
                              |||| |||||Plant # (0=Hiroshima, 1=Hofu)
                              |||| ||||Model Year (04-08 Israel only, 09+ EU + Israel, listing below)
                              |||| |||Transmission type (2=5 MT, 3=3 AT, 5=4 AT, 6=6 MT, 7=5 AT)
                              |||| ||Engine code (see below)
                              |||| |Body style (2=4 door, 3=3 door fastback, 4=5 door, 5=3 door hatchback, 1/A/B=no meaning)
                              |||| Drivetrain type (1=2WD, 8=4WD) / Emissions Type (1=2WD Euro4, A=2WD Euro5 1600cc diesel, B=2WD Euro5)
                              |||Body Code (BG=89.5-94, BA=94.5-98, BJ=98.5-03, BK=03.5-09, BL=09+)
                              ||European market
                              |Mazda
                              Japan
                              Last edited by 323gtr1993; 10-14-2012, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X