No announcement yet.

Redscort build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just read the last couple posts, did you ever figure out the intermittent issue? Or switching to MS1 fixed it?

Comment

Switching to ms1 fixed it. I was hitting the fuel cut on the BP26 ecu at about 10psi

Comment

Now it's a whole new set of things to mess with. lol I need to post pictures but the flash drive I had them all on disappeared. If I find it I'll post some or take new ones. Also a video or two. Any specific requests? I know I like exhaust clip videos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So the past 3 years have been crazy with the car. Most of the time it sit, but I did quite a bit. FIRST- I had to rebuild he engine again because the original machine shop didn't clean my block after he machined it and trashed my bearings and stuff when I ran it. I was getting crappy oil pressure so I thought something was up...anyways fast forward and I took the whole short block to another machine shop who did it right. Assembled and all with new bearings and oil pump, etc...
          Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_2594.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	351.8 KB
ID:	1245144

Name:	IMG_20160104_182328403.jpg
Size:	306.4 KB
ID:	1245145

Then I tore apart the undercarriage to replace the gas tank, but instead refinished the whole thing with new brake line, ebrake cables, undercoating, etc...

Name:	IMG_20160327_012249695_HDR.jpg
Size:	353.5 KB
ID:	1245146

Name:	IMG_20160229_224513138.jpg
Size:	289.1 KB
ID:	1245147

Name:	IMG_20160417_130116866.jpg
Size:	331.7 KB
ID:	1245148

Name:	IMG_20160604_012422150.jpg
Size:	335.7 KB
ID:	1245149
          I drove it during the break in period with the BP26 ecu and kept it out of the boost cut so she broke in rather well. Now I have a Megasquirt ECU from Stratified I got from redheddude22 and I went through the harness and cleaned it up, put it in and got the megasquirt working pretty nicely, but it still needs tuning to be perfect. Now I'm redoing the wideband to read correctly with the ECU. After that I'm FINALLY thinking about getting the body work done and have the car looking nice. I have a new grill, and clear headlights and corners just sitting/waiting for a fresh paint job. After paint I plan on suspension with the GC coilover sleeves I have sitting that I got from Pumer years ago lol ...the I should be pretty well done with what I wanted to do. Old picture...

Name:	IMG_20150628_240144823.jpg
Size:	275.9 KB
ID:	1245150

Comment

man i love seeing shiny parts! the motor looks good!

Edit: how do you like the NiCopper brake lines? great aren't they!
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I do like them! I bought a whole spool to redo all my brake lines and clutch lines but I only finished the two to the back and didn't feel like messing with the ones around engine for the front brakes but they are most important I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X