No announcement yet.

Redscort build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ditched the 25 lbs of a/c system. Even the lines. Mine was dead. I do miss it on hot days though. My downpipe is a stock vj11...so would have cleared. (ported)

I did the very same rebuild 2 summers ago. Ported the head and gave it Manley pro flo valves too. had the time of my life too. posted a few pics. The best was start up with my dad and son who helped.

Enjoy it all. My best memories are those summer days of picking parts at a dusty bone yard (1985) for my Olds 442.
    Later, Jay

Comment

It'd be nice if all my friends were available and hang out just like fast and furious lol drink beer and working on cars. Live life 10 seconds at a time. I think I'm gonna keep the ac...I will post pics soon of the progress. I'm taking tomorrow off. Working on the car and constantly being greasy I feel like I'm showering every ten minutes haha

Comment

freon does not get used up .. it leaks.
        get a seal kit, replace the dryer, put a vaccume pump on it and leave it sit in vac for a day or so . if it holds vac charge it up .. if it doesnt you can charge the system with a dye kit and nitro and find the leaks

do not try and charge an empty system without a new dryer ... just asking for issues that will piss you off and cost you more money

Comment

YOu can tell from the pictures that the ac condensor is fubar. It probably leaked out of that area.
          Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
          "Who Dey"

Comment

oh **** yeah .. i didnt scroll back up to look ..lol

Comment

Yeah it's a little jank lol when I pushed on the ports or whatever there was pressure relieved so wouldn't that mean it's holding some kind of pressure? On another note does anyone know the size of the coolant nipple that goes into the block for coolant feed to the turbo? I suppose I can measure the bolt that came out of the block. I'm gonna just get a brass barb like I got for the oil return for the pan.
              Last edited by Redscortgt93; 05-13-2013, 11:36 PM.

Comment

5/16" I just used BP throttle body hoses cut up to make all the bends and such lol
                -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

A brass barb will not work. The thread is a metric thread and you will not be able to find a fitting for it. YOu need to order the fitting from mazda.
                  Coolant nipple -Oem mazda part number B660-13-180: $17.36
                  "Who Dey"

Comment

So here's what I've been working on while the engine block and rotating assembly is at the machine shop...fresh paint!

Also got the cylinder head back from the machine shop. If you're in southern Indiana it's hard to beat Ray's Cracked Heads just off Highway 11 outside of Seymour.

completely redone with BP26 cams

Comment

nice bud looks like some good progress by the way how much did the shop charge you to do the rebuild on the head ? im always curious about back east prices i got a place out here in cali that did mine for a 120 dollers . also props on getting the turbo cams bud its always been something i wanted to do but always just stayed with n/a cams

Comment

Originally posted by pumer1904 View Post
                        nice bud looks like some good progress by the way how much did the shop charge you to do the rebuild on the head ? im always curious about back east prices i got a place out here in cali that did mine for a 120 dollers . also props on getting the turbo cams bud its always been something i wanted to do but always just stayed with n/a cams
                        280 bucks is what he charged. They even painted it silver, but I'll probably touch it up myself.

Comment

yea i love my local machine shops here in the city good prices and good work . any eta on when you will be getting the block back ? If i can ever find a large nose crank pulley v-band then i think we might be building the turbo cars at about the same time if not you might beat me to the race but still good work log bud keep up the good work and ill keep checking back for more updates

Comment

Thanks man! I can't wait until I get the block and stuff back haha he said, "about the middle of next week" and that was yesterday so it should be any day now.

Comment

Originally posted by bomdoutscort View Post
                              A brass barb will not work. The thread is a metric thread and you will not be able to find a fitting for it. YOu need to order the fitting from mazda.
                              Coolant nipple -Oem mazda part number B660-13-180: $17.36
                              http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...+turbo+your+bp
                              Do I go to a mazda dealer to buy it or is there somewhere online I can buy mazda parts? I emailed "mazdapartsonline" but no response yet. They didn't have pictures so I'd like to make sure it's the right piece before paying 20 bucks for it haha

Comment

You go to a mazda dealership and order it. this is a b6t engine diagram with the bolt that we need.

or you can order it online at
                                Diagram of OEM EXHAUST MANIFOLD (TURBO). Contains Clamp, Hose. Induction, Forced, CHARGER for EXHAUST MANIFOLD (TURBO). Fits Mazda.
                                Last edited by bomdoutscort; 05-18-2013, 10:15 PM.
                                "Who Dey"

Comment

Working...
                                X