Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

December 2012 ROTM Nominations

Let's end the year with a bang!

Think your car is worthy of being ride of the month? Think someone else on this board has a well put together car? Toss up a nomination in this thread if they fit the following details...

Nominating
    1. You can nominate anyone you'd like - including yourself. The catch is, you're only allowed one nomination PER MONTH. Doesn't matter if you own one car, fifty cars, no cars, or a Mr. Potato head with wheels. Nominate anyone you think deserves the win (including yourself) and post them (or yourself) in this thread, if they(or you) qualify for the above rules.

2. When you post a nomination you must include at least 2 or 3 pictures of said car with a brief explanation of why you think the car deserves to be ROTM. The member/car you nominate must have a VB Pic Gallery set up or a Worklog. If they don't have one their nomination will be deleted. If you nominate yourself, feel free to post your mod list with your photos so users can see your "total package" easier

3. Previous winners cannot have their same car win ROTM twice unless it has been 2 years since winning ROTM.

4. Winners of the ROTM will receive their car and bio in a dedicated ROTM thread. Winner is eligible for (2) Clubprotege decals of any color- PM me (FE3-323) for more info

ALL NOMINEE'S MUST HAVE A vB Picture Gallery or Worklog
    If you don't have one, your nomination will be deleted.

------------------------------------------------

Time Details
    1. Nominations will be taken for a period of exactly 1 week (7 days) from the date posted or when 10 cars are nominated.

2. Nominations will only be open to currently active members only (the member should have at least 5 posts in the last month prior to the nomination post. This way we can make sure the right kind of person gets voted in - a contributing member of CP.)

The following people have won within the past 2years and CANNOT be nominated;
    Rayman, 323 GT-R, analytical, Mr GoD, Lex, therieldeal, Mazdagirl/IvarR, Dan [Sac], DeeAOne, Jinx, cee1481, scortadict, and CaymentEGT91, 323Permin
    Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

I nominate bogaut.
    Before you criticize someone, first try walking a mile in their shoes. Because then you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes...

Comment

I was going to nominate Blodgertron with his Infini, but hes not enough of a regular.

Concealer404 with his EGT KLZE Build!

How can you deny an ITB'd KLZE GT build that has been thoroughly manhandled with the owner leaving nothing untouched! From the corksport Exhaust, JPM LCAs, ITB'd KLZE to Ryans Spherical bushings, Relocate Griffin Radiator setup, that is going to be one well done car! Im so Excited to see or hear this thing tear up an Auotx course, even if it is only pics and videos.

Comment

Come on People, theres plenty of cars out there deserving of a nomination!

Comment

I nominate " Crazy Canadain " he has done major overhaul and updating to his car.

http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...57-My-new-whip

And its a hard runner at the auto-x ... he is still a good second or two faster than me . lol

92mazda002.jpg

IMG_4029.jpg
          Last edited by 323Permin; 12-12-2012, 10:08 PM.

Comment

You know what, for the fun of it I nomitate my self and my first 323(RIP)...

I kept a bit of a work log over on cardomain...

This car started it all for me. Any old time members from mazda323performance.com will remember the car. She even made an appearance at a Cork Sport meet and a couple other mid west meets.

A little bio on the car.

I first met her while she was a curtsy car for a shop I worked at. Everyone at the shop called it the ugly duckling. For some reason customers loved it. The car was indestructible. I bought the car from my boss in 2006 for $400. It was supposed to just be a winter beater while I finished up my cavalier project car.

I have many fond memories and great stories to tell about this car. I owe a lot to this car, as it introduced me to this wonderful world of mazdas. It brought me to this forum. I have met a number of good friends because of this car. It was the first car I ever autocross raced in. First car I ever traveled any great distances away from home in. RIP I still miss her to this day.

This car was a true grassroots type of car. I did everything either free or extremely cheap. Every time I did something to add power I took it to the track and documented it. Bone stock SOHC B6 auto she ran a 19.1 in the 1/4 mile. After a 5 speed swap she ran 17.7.. The B6T swap with a stock ecu, stock 1 7/8" exhaust and 10 pounds boost ran 15.4...

Total cost to buy and build the car was under $2500. After she was t-boned, I parted her out. Including what insurance gave me, the car didn't cost me a dime.

Engine modifications
            B6T swap, 626 intercooler, custom intercooler piping, blitz bov, custom built intake, manual boost controller

Drivetrain Modifications
            auto to 5 speed conversion

Suspension Modifications
            HKS springs, KYB struts, GT sway bars

Brakes
            Rear disc swap, Larger GT front brake swap

Interior Modifications
            GT turbo cluster, turbo Mx6 front seats, GTX rear seats, skull shift nob with light up eyes, grant steering wheel from my 90 cavalier with custom built adapter to fit it to the 323

Stereo
            JVC head unit, Alpine V power amp, pheonix gold amp, 2 10" subs..

Exterior Modifications
            Izusu I-mark front bumper, GT rear bumper, GTX lower spoiler, suicide hood, side view mirrors off my old 90 cavalier, GT grill

Wheels/Tires
            17" 5 ziegen 5zr rims

Comment

Hahaha... DOH! thanks Rob... I was just posting one for my old car... Moderators can choose which ever car they think should stay...

Comment

I think there should be ride of the season or something, because there really aren't enough cars to have 3 or 4 different nominations each month

NW MAZDAS

Comment

Working...
                X