This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Falken Ziex ZE 912 vs. Falken Ziex ZE-612

I needed to replace a tire on my wife's 3 due to a slow-leak caused by a plug in the tread to repair a puncture that won't hold air. The tire is a Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/55-16 and I contacted Discount Tire Direct (DTD) for a free replacement since I had purchased a free tire replacement certificate when I had originally bought a set of four from them some time ago. After I explained the situation, they very kindly directed that a free replacement immediately be sent to me and stated that I need not even send back the old tire for their inspection, upon its removal.

I was told that the replacement tire would be a Falken Ziex ZE-612 that, according to DTD, is an exclusive tire model from Falken to Discount Tire and is based on the same construction, tread pattern and compound as the Ziex ZE-912 (the photographs of the two, as well as the specs, are identical). So for those of you who also have the 912, or may want that model, keep this in mind if you plan to buy from DTD.

I always buy my tires from DTD and I highly recommend them for their excellent service, helpful attitude and prompt shipment.

Happy Motoring!
    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter
Working...
X