Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickz View Post
    Typical solid Georgia car! Bastard!
    Happy to see your giving the sedan some love.Thumbs up man.
    LOL and I'm just starting....... Wanted to get it painted in 2 weeks, but I have another TDY deployment with my job for the next two months starting 9/1/13. Just got my orders today.

Originally posted by DuRWooD View Post
    Love the GTs, and I'm quite jealous of your functional digital dash.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Tapatalk 2
    The digital gauge clusters working beautifully, including the turbo "boost sensor".... I didn't even know that, everyday I learn something new about these cars.

Comment

The digital dash is cool but but I find them hard to look at after a while. Daytime is harder to see. I had three of them to use in my cars but ended up selling 2 of them keeping one as a novelty. I saw the same with the Tbird on the 1.6. You likely will need an EBC to take advantage of it unless you want to run it at 6500 all the time. Nice car...have some fun.

Comment

Originally posted by azgtx View Post
        The digital dash is cool but but I find them hard to look at after a while. Daytime is harder to see. I had three of them to use in my cars but ended up selling 2 of them keeping one as a novelty. I saw the same with the Tbird on the 1.6. You likely will need an EBC to take advantage of it unless you want to run it at 6500 all the time. Nice car...have some fun.
        Yes very true for the digital cluster, but my car wont be driven much since I do own 4 cars (G8 GT is my daily). And the T-Bird/VJ14 hybrid turbo will be staying on, I wanna see how the car reacts to adjustable cam gears and a custom FMIC. Also have a MBC and a RocketMan ecu upgrade, so hopefully I can get 14psi and it should be enough for 200whp (my goal). I have an old school PLX wideband I'm going to install and see what the a/r look like...... Maybe I'll also upgrade the fuel pump too??? We'll see, just stay tuned......
        Last edited by Ghase; 08-17-2013, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Note to self, check for boost leaks............LOL

Comment

14 psi on that turbo should make 200 easily. That's a good goal. It will be ridiculously fast. I ran a VJ11 on my GT, and had it at 16-18 psi. It would spin the tires through third over 100km/hr. Yes, I eventually blew a piston. It was very fun though.
            sigpic
            1992 Familia GT-X
            1988 323 GTX
            2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
            2014 Civic Touring

Comment

14 psi on that turbo should make 200 easily. That's a good goal. It will be ridiculously fast. I ran a VJ11 on my GT, and had it at 16-18 psi. It would spin the tires through third over 100km/hr. Yes, I eventually blew a piston. It was very fun though.
              Thanks Durwood, that does sounds like fun!!!! I guess we'll see once I dyno.

Comment

Well guys today I had an interesting talk with my West Indian mechanics. With my guys being former owners of Mazda 323 BF's, they told me about how these cars crack their frame and firewall when making too much power (also the word on the Islands), but we plan to weld some custom steel plates and bars to help stiffen the chassis. I also decided NOT to do cam gears, don't wanna sacrifice topend for down low torque. We also completed the suspension, brakes, and added something new to the car (JDM Grill)!!!!!!!

New pictures

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0153.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	338.4 KB
ID:	1237331

Name:	IMAG0154.jpg
Size:	347.7 KB
ID:	1237332

Name:	IMAG0155.jpg
Size:	351.6 KB
ID:	1237333

Name:	IMAG0159.jpg
Size:	344.0 KB
ID:	1237334

Name:	IMAG0158.jpg
Size:	350.8 KB
ID:	1237335

Name:	IMAG0160.jpg
Size:	356.7 KB
ID:	1237336

Name:	IMAG0162.jpg
Size:	413.1 KB
ID:	1237337

Name:	IMAG0161.jpg
Size:	408.6 KB
ID:	1237338
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Ghase; 08-27-2013, 04:02 PM.

Comment

If you plan to make gobs of power. it is recommended to run rollcage bars through the firewall to the strut towers to help aid that issue.
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                    If you plan to make gobs of power. it is recommended to run rollcage bars through the firewall to the strut towers to help aid that issue.
                    Nah my stopping point is at 200whp, just wanna try my best the preserve this car since 1980's turbo Japanese cars are now DISAPPEARING FAST!!!!!! The value of these old cars are also starting to climb..................

Comment

I had about 200 to the wheels in my old GT. No chassis issues.
                      sigpic
                      1992 Familia GT-X
                      1988 323 GTX
                      2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
                      2014 Civic Touring

Comment

I had about 200 to the wheels in my old GT. No chassis issues.
                        Cool, I guess that's something to think about then................

Comment

Yesterday guys I purchased a PPG paint kit with liquid red being the main color. BTW that's the same color as my Pontiac G8 GT

Pic of my G8 for color reference

Name:	DSCN0164.jpg
Size:	349.0 KB
ID:	1237381

Comment

Well guys today we finally finished up the FMIC. Took a little while due too the confined space the IHI T-Bird turbo left us between all the piping & radiator, so the best solution we came up with was to re-clock the turbo downwards with the pipe running under the front section of the cross member.

Pictures as usual

Name:	IMAG0163.jpg
Size:	363.5 KB
ID:	1237465

Name:	IMAG0164.jpg
Size:	343.8 KB
ID:	1237466

Name:	IMAG0165.jpg
Size:	361.4 KB
ID:	1237467
                            Last edited by Ghase; 10-15-2013, 01:04 PM.

Comment

I don't see many BF/BG's with the piping through the front core support........ i wish i saw more. i approve !!!
                              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Nice progress, jealous of the digital dash! What springs are those if you don't mind me asking? They look a little lower then my Vogtlands.
                                1991 Mazda 323 Base (Gretchen)-Build Thread
                                Sold-1987 Mazda 323 Wagon (Molly)-Build Thread
                                R.I.P.-1988 Mazda 323 GT (Misty) -Build Thread

Oh Colorado, how beautiful your mountains and awesome your roads!

Comment

Working...
                                X