No announcement yet.

2003 MSP KLDE Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*face palm* just went to grab you a picture. When I opened the hood I remembered I have no driver's side (transmission) mount in the car currently. I admit I drove it this way briefly with over 200ft/lbs of torque. I did have one there before, and would recommend using one.
    sigpic
    1992 Familia GT-X
    1988 323 GTX
    2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
    2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Haha, alright. Thanks though

Comment

Does anyone know the bolt specs for the engine and transmission mounts on the KLDE/KLZE? Specifically the three rear engine mount bracket bolts that hold the bracket to the transmission

Comment

the 17mm head bolts? Should be M12x1.25 iirc, smaller ones will probably be M10x1.25. Sorry this is all from memory, maybe someone will know 100%. I have a crap ton of bolts here, just no way to tell you the specs.
          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Cool Thanks! I'll check it out. Or if anyone could confirm that would be great

Comment

I've got probe axles and the msp axles. Which would be better to use? It seems like most people have been using the MSP axles but would the probe ones be better considering they were made for the KLDE?

Comment

They're different lengths, are they not?
                sigpic
                1992 Familia GT-X
                1988 323 GTX
                2014 Civic Touring

Comment

I'm not sure. When I bought the car the guy I bought it from suggested I put the probe axles on so after I saw most people using the MSP axles I started to doubt whether I should just use the MSP axles.

Comment

I know for certain the msp axles are the right length. I'm pretty sure probe axles are a bit longer. I could be wrong though. Also, I used an MX3 jack shaft, of which there are two versions. A Probe one could work, I don't know. I know the Protege shaft won't bolt up.
                    sigpic
                    1992 Familia GT-X
                    1988 323 GTX
                    2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Alright Thanks. I guess I'll use the protege axles to be safe

Comment

Originally posted by DuRWooD View Post
                        Welcome to the club. I can try and help you out, although I think the obdii Probe harness is a bad idea. What specifically is the issue?

Why exactly? That's what I plan on doing. Use all the sensors it needs to see, from the Probe.......use the obd 2 ECU and harness and wire it in.

Or should I/would I be better off going obd 1...........

Comment

Working...
                        X