BF GTX lowering springs/ Bilstien Inserts / GAB struts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BF GTX lowering springs/ Bilstien Inserts / GAB struts

These are eibach springs, yes really eibach for BF GTX. 4wd only.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	334.5 KB
ID:	1269907Click image for larger version

Name:	image(1).jpg
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	1269908

These are very rare. The ones pictured are the front. No idea of age or mileage, but condition is good, most of the paint is there and they are springy. Not much else to say about them except I do have the rear springs with tokiko dirtas tubes on the back of the car currently...this is not part of this sale at this time... I will removed them later and give the buyer first crack at them and a good deal when I get around to installing the LEDAs I have for the rear.

The 4 inserts are spec'ed from a volkswagen to work in the gtx strut inserts. They're 32mm (I think) inverted monotube shocks. The fronts inserts are already installed in the GAB rally strut tubes.

There's 4 of the blue dust cover deals.

There are theads on clubprotege somewhere about the inserts with drawings and part numbers of the inserts posted by me years ago.

$200 for the whole deal. priced for a quick sale.

Michael,

i just wanted to extend a personal thank you.
    Had i not chosen a different direction for the front of mine & decided to modify my current strut housings i would be using these same inserts.
    Based off of the information i found from a prior thread on another forum

PS
    What is the condition of the rear inserts?? are you interested in parting ways with them separate?
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
      Michael,

i just wanted to extend a personal thank you.
      Had i not chosen a different direction for the front of mine & decided to modify my current strut housings i would be using these same inserts.
      Based off of the information i found from a prior thread on another forum

PS
      What is the condition of the rear inserts?? are you interested in parting ways with them separate?
      No worries Ryan! The rear inserts are in the same condition as the front. There is slight shaft scoring but no major leaks. Still very firm. The threads at the top are clean.

I can't part ways with the rears right now... (still in the car) and I want to offer them to the buyer of this lot first so they can have a matched set of inserts and springs.

I have to sell this stuff fast so feel free to make an offer. It's all at my mom's house in Frederick, MD. She's putting her house on the market and moving soon so I'm here helping her move until 4/1. I'd like to sell this lot before I leave so she doesn't have to deal with it. I just don't want to have to throw this stuff away because it deserves to be back on a GTX not sold for scrap. But I gotta at least make enough $ so that's it's worth my while to pack and ship it all, so I'm asking 200.

Comment

are the front struts for a BF GTX? or just the springs?
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

are the front struts for a BF GTX? or just the springs?
          Its all for BF Gtx. The red gabs with bilstien inserts installed and the 2 pictured springs came off the front of my 88 GTX. I used the mazdaspeed strut tops that were holding that setup together on the ledas in the front. The rear bilstein inserts were never installed by me into the dirta housings because I found the ledas before I got around to doing it. Havent had time to swap the eibach/dirta combo out for the ledas in the rear yet. I might do it this weekend if Im lucky... Otherwise it'll have to wait until after the car makes it on the shipping truck bound for Eugene.

Going to ship that and the sc400 back west in 2 weeks.

Comment

wish i had the spare $ laying about to afford these right now

Comment

did you have these bilsteins re-valved????

Comment

did you have these bilsteins re-valved????
                I didn't...but the previous owner did. rallyedtm@yahoo.com

I've talked to a VW rally guy and he's set me straight on Bilstien part #'s for HD inserts in GAB/Dirtra housings.

This is accurate information that works.

The Rabbit, Golf,A1 chassis VW =* F4-P30-0137-H1 is the HD shock insert used in the front of GTX

and* 84-87 Audi Quattro = P30-3005 is the HD shock used in the rear of GTX.

These are those shocks re-valved for gtx. Plus the springs and strut tubes...

I paid 382.75 for them on ebay feb 27, 2008....

Comment

is that email correlated to the previous owner?? having the revalve specs would be critical to me right now. don't so much are about the other part numbers i've got all of that info already

Comment

is that email correlated to the previous owner?? having the revalve specs would be critical to me right now. don't so much are about the other part numbers i've got all of that info already

Comment

It does... Thats the email of the guy I bought them from...

I have Pdf drawings of both dampers from bilstien if you'd want those I could fwd the email containing them to you. The revalve specs are slightly stiffer than a mk1 volkswagen golf so that it corresponds to the weight of a gtx meant for road racing...i asked for SPECS...that's the answer I got.

I'd have to do more digging on my PC to find more info...Im ipad-ing it right now. I seem to remember numbers stamped on the top of the tubes that may have been the revalve numerical values. But also seem to remember that it was actually a dead end and the only way to find out for sure was to have them serviced at bilstein. Making my old brain work out its memory banks tonite...I'm afraid of what else I've now had to forget in order to recall this old info...

Comment

no need.... i've already got basically all the info on them i could use. besides what they might have been revalved too....
                        as you can see. the rears OE are pretty well dampened from the start.

the fronts however are UNDER dampened by a good 50%

thus where my questioning comes from.

I know these inserts can easily fit into BG strut bodies as well. after reserching all of the information i could find & hacking up my current struts

Name:	F4 P30 0137.jpg
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	1235233

Name:	p30-0137 rates&spec.jpg
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	1235234

Name:	p30-3005 rates & specs.jpg
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	1235235

Name:	P30-3005 rear insert.JPG
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	1235236

F4-P30-0032-H0_26.pdf
                        F4-P30-3005-H0_11.pdf

Comment

PM'd

Comment

Mods please close thread. I've decided not to sell at this time. I will bring these with me to oregon... clean them up, sell the whole package with the rear setup, make a better listing and sell as time permits... advertise on multiple venues....etc...

I spent close to $400 on just these custom valved 30mm HD bilstien dampers, not including eibach lowering springs(I've looked for 5+ years and never even seen another set for gtx) and not including strut tubes to use the custom bilstien inserts.

Comment

super glad to hear they aren't getting trashed!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X