No announcement yet.

Marc's Sooty v2.0 - Autozam AZ-3 B5ZET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About time I did an update. Car has been running well. Swapped in my Walboro 255, improved 3rd 4th AFRs, but did reveal how it starves with less that half a tank :?

Some other updates I forgot to add:

Upgraded to a proper variable TPS using an automatic BP throttle body. This gives far more linear response and accuracy for megasquirt

And a cheap unused K&N for Mr snail:

I rebuilt a rear caliper, it was quite a chore cleaning it up! It was starting to wear grooves in my discs so was due new seals etc.

Also changed the cam cover gasket as the generic brand one failed after about 9 months use. Mazda OEM FTW!

Still looking clean under there:

Been working on this for a few days, only passenger side done:

Rx-7 FD seat in an Mx-3, horrible task as the mx3 rails are at different heights, spacings, angles etc! Took many many hours of drilling, grinding and welding. Super comfortable, love these seats!

Also replaced alternator with an 80amp kia.

Annual testing:

Got my custom evo8 manifold skimmed flat, no more leaking

Current big project: OEM JDM LSD swap from v6 to i4 G series box.

Ring gear fun

'bout flipping time...

mmm

helical

ARP bolts and nuts

Only identifying numbers:

A beautiful sight:

So the box is all bolted up. Just getting axles ready then it's time to slip the engine out and tidy things up.
    AZ-3 1498cc B5ZET! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
    Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
    View Worklog

Comment

Nice build you have here Marco.

Comment

im in love with those FD seats! how much taller is the headrest portion vs the MX3 seats? being 6'1" the top of my head is over the top of the mx3 seat & thats most annoying
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
        X