No announcement yet.

Foofighter - 98 Protege ES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. We need more BH love on these forums. How are those mirrors holding up?

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

The mirrors work great. I plan on paint matching them along with the door handles and possibly the door trim. Almost forgot to mention, the BP is starting to feel real sluggish lately. Hopefully a simple tune up will bring the performance back where it should.

Comment

Just make sure you use only NGK plugs and wires. Our cars are really picky, and you'll get misfires if you use anything else.

Comment

Awesome, glad they work for you

I just put a set of NGK Iridium IX's in my Z5. No idea what brand the wires are, I think I got them from Pep Boys.

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

Finally after months of searching (and a little bit of begging), I finally got the JDM front bumper! I managed to find a brand new aftermarket one from Israel lol. It should get here by next week. As for the car, absolutely nothing has been done except for a little bit of cleaning, tuning, and messing around with things when I'm bored. I decided to ditch the lowering springs since it didn't drop the ride height as much as I wanted it to, so I'll have to figure something else out.

Comment

All the way from Israel? Damn. I thought a member here still had his for sale, maybe not.

Comment

If there was one on here, I must have somehow missed it. The aftermarket one should work just fine, but it doesn't come with fog lights. BTW, I also got a set of the scuff plates you found on Ebay. I'm liking them, great find Kev!

Comment

The guy isn't very active anymore (firelizard) so I'm sure his post is buried somewhere. I actually got all my JDM lights and Mazdaspeed strutbar from him a couple years ago.

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

Just picked up some Protege 5 side skirts for $50. I was expecting some modifications needed to get them to fit properly, but it looks like they'll bolt on just fine with minimal work needed. It's nice to finally get parts for this thing lol. Once the bumper comes in, I'll repair the rust and paint match everything. I was debating on repainting the whole car a darker metallic green, but I think the current green will work just fine. The only panel that needs new paint is the rear bumper.

Comment

New bumper is on and everything fits great. I was expecting some fitment issues, but it fits like a glove

Never actually shown pics of the engine bay, but nothing special. I might get rid of the cone filter for a stock airbox.

I've been on the hunt for other jdm goodies for months now, but nothing price wise that isn't outrageous. Hopefully stuff will come up sooner than later. Right now, I'm going to see what kinda work I'll have to do to fit my mx3 seats out of my other car.

Comment

Nice! Now you need some JDM lights to match.

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

^ Exactly, but everyone and their mother wants way too much for them. It makes it real annoying since my usdm headlights look like crap. It seems no amount of wet sanding will get the yellow hue off

Comment

Yeah, that's true. And the lights do t look too bad in the pic, could be the glare though. If you're on Facebook and a member of the Mazda B-Chassis Enthusiasts page, post in there that you'll trade your lights for a JDM set. It seems like everyone overseas wants USDM stuff for the same reason we want JDM/EDM. Worth a shot, at least.

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

The glare makes them look a lot better than they actually are. I haven't been on facebook in months since my old account got hacked lol. I might make a new account and try that if nothing comes up. I just realized how much higher the front of the car sits without the old bumper support. It looks like I have a foot of clearance now. I NEED a new suspension setup

Comment

I just tried searching some Japanese sites, but couldn't find anything. I do have a JDM driver side turn signal in my favorites that I probably won't need anymore, though. Only $10, but close to $100 for shipping, haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X