No announcement yet.

Foofighter - 98 Protege ES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought they were 16's, but could just be the fact that you have rear disc and I have dinky drums, haha.

Comment

I personally wish they were 16's, but I guess you can't have everything. I also got rid of the odd cold air intake in favor of the stock airbox, and it seems to run better.

Comment

Yeah 16x7 would be nice.

NW MAZDAS

Comment

It looks like I might have a blown head gasket. I've been loosing coolant recently, so I'm going to get a leak tester to see if it's the problem. My dumb luck. It seems every car I've owned gets a blown head gasket in the short time I own them.

Comment

Good news: I don't have a blown head gasket! Bad news: I'm still loosing coolant somewhere. Fortunately I'm not loosing a lot of coolant, so as long I check it every now and again, I shouldn't have any issues with overheating. Hopefully I'll find the cause sooner than later

Comment

The water return that runs under the exhaust mani leaked on my car on two different occasions, it was only when hot too so it was a pain to actually find. Get some UV dye and go to town.
              Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
              kitty, you are a hilarious woman
              Originally posted by HopelessCow
              there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
              Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

I'll have to look into that. Thanks

Comment

I still haven't located where it's leaking coolant. It seems to only leak when the engine is warm, but luckily it is a slow leak, so it shouldn't overheat anytime soon. Went to pullapart today to get a replacement door. I was lucky enough to find a Protege the same color as mine with rust free doors. I also found this in the parking lot. Interested in your thought on this.

Comment

Umm, interesting?

Comment

I started driving my 323 over the past few days, and embarrassingly, the dinky 1.6 seems to be quite a bit faster than the Bp in the 98. I always knew it was down on power, especially on lower revs, but never really knew how much until now. I did a simple tune up, but no difference. My new mission is to get it running as quickly as it should.

Comment

That's strange. My '98 seems feels more powerful than my '97. Same engine, Z5, and automatic trans. The '97 engine is in MUCH better condition, too. Weird.

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

So no luck finding the issue so far, but I haven't had much time because of work. No vacuum leaks anywhere, the throttle is good, and filters are still good. BTW, how much of a gap should I have on the sparkplugs?

Comment

Still can't find the reason for the loss power. I suspect either a clogged catalytic converter or fuel pump. Hopefully its the first since I plan on getting an all new exhaust system sometime in the future. I also found a bha led rear spoiler i got for $10. May or may not use it. I'm hoping to find a mazdaspeed rear spoiler, but that may never happen. Finally, the holidays are over with. No more 60-70 hour works weeks for me, well until next December.

Comment

Random pic:

Comment

Salt has not been too kind on the rust...

Comment

Working...
                                X