Foofighter - 98 Protege ES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still in better shape then my 2003.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I may have stumbled across a full Mazdaspeed body kit! It's replica, but I don't care. I emailed the seller to see if he's willing to ship overseas.

Comment

Get it!

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

It looks like I might have the kit! He's also given me a lot of helpful info about all the different kinds of Mazdaspeed kits that I would have never figured out on my own. I'll probably make a forum about it.

Comment

Please do. Would love to learn what else is out there for us BH guys.

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

Still working out shipping on the kit. It took a few weeks to get a shipping quote, and it's estimated at just under $700. I know I can get cheaper, but it's just taking a long time to communicate with them. I've shipped entire bumpers for less than $200, so there's no reason why I shouldn't pay more for the kit just to ship them, so I'm gonna take my time and make sure I get the price I'm satisfied with. In the meantime, I should really REALLY get the rust worked out.

Comment

I'm STILL in negotiations on getting the Mazdaspeed kit. The seller has to make each kit by himself and with help from a few friends. He just sent me pics of how the kit is being packed and shipped, and is doing a great job. The problem is the front lip he showed me in the pics looks different than the one I wanted. I think he made me the facelift version of the Mazdaspeed kit, but it's hard to tell. The front lip kinda looks like Kev's.

Comment

It does look like mine. Just without the scrapes, cracks, and chunks missing, haha.

Comment

Yeah, idk what I got myself into. I didn't know he was able to make a B spec kit, because he advertised an A spec kit slightly modified to fit the later generation Protege, so this was a complete shock. The funny thing is idk what the rest of the kit looks like. I tried looking for pics of what the side skirts and rear lip looks like, but all I could find was this:

Comment

I should have some pics of mine in my thread. If not, I can post some tomorrow. I don't have the rear skirts on because they're made for a JDM bumper and won't fit the USDM.

Comment

Your side skirts and rear skirts are different. You have the B spec front lip with the A spec side skirts and rear skirts. Here's a little comparison:

A spec:

B spec:

A spec next to B spec:

Comment

It's kinda hard to tell because of the crap quality pictures, but hopefully you can see the difference. These are the only pictures I can find of this thing.

Comment

Ah, you're right. I thought it was all the same kit. Poor research on my end.

Comment

I stopped putting money into this thing. Too much rust and bodywork needed, and I've had non stop issues with the motor not running correctly. I tried looking for another shell, but every shell I encountered had issues with rust and body repairs. I decided to take it back to stock, and drive it as a beater, maybe sell it. I'm going to make a for sale thread soon with all the parts I was going to use.

Comment

Bummer. I understand the choice, though. I did the same thing with my '98 since I got the '97. Slowly fixing some things and returning it to stock. Will likely sell it or trade it for a new car (hopefully 2016 MX-5 Club Edition with the Global Cup package).

Comment

Working...
                                X