• Show
Clear All

Goldie featured in South African tuner magazine " Max My Ride"
    Click image for larger version

Name:	y9ugutu7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	1237487
    Last edited by maverick-zz; 09-20-2013, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Took some Park Off Pics

Name:	7.jpg
Size:	230.4 KB
ID:	1237488Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Size:	206.2 KB
ID:	1237489Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	182.9 KB
ID:	1237490Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	175.8 KB
ID:	1237491Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	1237492
      Last edited by maverick-zz; 09-20-2013, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Love everything about that car, cept the little ebay carbon fiber looking things on the front bumper. They just look out of place.
        ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
        ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
        What are you driving?

Comment

Originally posted by monoxidechild View Post
          Love everything about that car, cept the little ebay carbon fiber looking things on the front bumper. They just look out of place.
          Agreed lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Hi monoxidechild. Currently those canards(carbon fiber looking things) help me corner better on track Also goldies look is a work in progress but i try and stick to functional aesthetic add ons instead of just looking good or form for forms sake currently i have the lower lip, together with the canards, front grill and rear boot spoiler as carbon fibre items

Comment

Originally posted by maverick-zz View Post
              Currently those canards(carbon fiber looking things) help me corner better on track
              The add for them might have claimed that, But there small surface area, and the laws of physics disagree. Those definitely fall under the 'aesthetic' list, and not really functional.
              ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
              ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
              What are you driving?

Comment

Again, totally agreed! But to each their own

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by maverick-zz View Post
                  Currently those canards(carbon fiber looking things) help me corner better on track
                  Post proof. I want all the data from your baseline test and from the canard tests, what measures were utilized to attain maximum aerodynamic effectiveness when mounting the canards. I'll need the raw data of both setups, how you tested, under what conditions, calibration certs on all test equipment, results of your runs and on what track (pre and post modification), who timed you, their information, contact number, their credentials, the address and contact name of the person(s) who allowed you to test on their track, and I want it all posted on video by tomorrow morning. If you can't provide us with any of that, then we must insist that you retract, or modify your statement to appear more subjective.

Is that too much to ask?

Comment

The add for them might have claimed that, But there small surface area, and the laws of physics disagree. Those definitely fall under the 'aesthetic' list, and not really functional.
                    Originally posted by BFMRGTX View Post
                    Post proof. I want all the data from your baseline test and from the canard tests, what measures were utilized to attain maximum aerodynamic effectiveness when mounting the canards. I'll need the raw data of both setups, how you tested, under what conditions, calibration certs on all test equipment, results of your runs and on what track (pre and post modification), who timed you, their information, contact number, their credentials, the address and contact name of the person(s) who allowed you to test on their track, and I want it all posted on video by tomorrow morning. If you can't provide us with any of that, then we must insist that you retract, or modify your statement to appear more subjective.

Is that too much to ask?
                    Ok guys didnt know every statement posted is totally factual. I do drag racing and occasional track racing. FWD cars or in my case battle with traction so the idea is to get the nose down. i dont have f1 technology or wind tunnels available to my disposal so all implementation with regards to aero dynamics and traction or steering is totally based on research by myself. What i noticed on track is high speed corners steers better and in third gear on drag downhill the nose feels more planted after front lower spoiler and canards were installed. I agree that the whole setup looks flimsy but i promise you there is deff. a difference for the better. I am of the opinion in my own illiterate or self researched opinion that any mod wether it be small or flimsy or totally over the top is worth it even if its a 0.1 second gain

Comment

I'm just messing with Ya. I think you're car looks good and it is obvious that you really enjoy it.

My only gripe regarding the canards is that they don't appear to be mounted to any solid structure, only the bumper skin. Is that so? Or are they bolted to the bumper bar somehow? I don't recall it being back that far.

Comment

Been super buzzy, but here is what i have been up to:

Name:	goldie lights small.jpg
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	1238777

Name:	new era july 2014 small (1).jpg
Size:	228.8 KB
ID:	1238778

Comment

---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Name:	IMG_31709404101829.jpeg
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	1238794

Name:	IMG_31721335908959.jpeg
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	1238795

Name:	IMG_31701789434487.jpeg
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	1238796

Name:	IMG_31697522368292.jpeg
Size:	178.2 KB
ID:	1238797

Comment

everything is so clean!!!
                              the polished intake manifold im super fond on
                              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                                everything is so clean!!!
                                the polished intake manifold im super fond on
                                Thanx mate. A friend of mine who's also into anything mazda did it for me. I waited 3months for it, but in the end was worth it

Comment

Working...
                                X