No announcement yet.

Robs BP GTR build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just weld a washer on the flapper you have,it's what the dsm guys do.

Click image for larger version

Name:	s4wastegate4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	1238842
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

good luck keeping the washer true enough to seal with thee welding heat
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

DSM guys are like 9 times out of 10 lunatics, the world would be a dark place filled with broken cars if we all did what DSM guys did hahaha.

And Ryan, thanks, I really appreciate the offer but it'll take three weeks in just shipping time and I don't want to wait that long, if I can dig up another hot side in the states I might take you up on that.

I removed the VJ20 flapper today by just grinding that rivet whatever thing on the top and pushing it out, gonna just chop off the VF10 arm and try to cut it free on a vice, I think that'll be easiest.

Comment

Heres a picture of the three muskaturds.

Anyway, the left is the BPT daily, the middle is the GTR engine BP and teh right is a K8 swapped RS. Since this picture I've discarded the K8 since I hate these ****ty v6s. The BPT with be deturboed and swapped in to the MX3 on the right. Once it runs nicely I'm gonna give it to my dad and start driving the GTR which will get turboed with a VF10 hopefully.

Comment

nice lineup
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Been incredibly busy the last week.

Brake booster failed on the DD with the BPT. Decided to pull the engine, deturbo it and redo the gaskets and swap in NA oil pan as well as install low mileage trans and plop it in to my K8 MX3. Got that but am having some fueling issues that I have been unable to give time too.

Stole the turbo goods and stuck them on the GTR motor. Fired it up today and went for a rip. Blew the rear main. Super choked since this is the first proper drive I got with it. Spat some flames which was cool I guess. Otherwise, it's a sad day in the RobMinhas world.

On the bright side I can put the LSD in while I ahve the trans out.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

If anyone wants to see the Muskaturd spit a flame.

Comment

whatever was in that video is not running right for ****.

Comment

Yah I forgot to mention in the last post, the injector wasn't sealed right, the uppermost seal(mounts to the fuel rail) was damaged and replaced with an ill fitting one, Stole one from a spare set of injectors till the rx7 injectors go in. Ran rich afterwards when I went for a test drive but that's because my wastegate was acting up and I wasn't making boost. Since resolved. Rear main will be ordered in the morning and hopefully all will be sorted.

Comment

glad you were able to find & address the issue

Comment

Were those k-sports I seen? Wondering if those were worth the cost.
                      Not What you build, But HOW.

Comment

Good stuff btw, keep it up.
                        Not What you build, But HOW.

Comment

Haven't driven much on the Ksports so I can't say much on it.

Anyway, pulled out the trans and everything else, ended up with the rear main being fine. Just the stupid half moon pan gasket on that side. I very angrily put the car back together and even more angrily resealed it today. So far so good but didn't drive it today. Drained the tank of 87 octane, will put some 94 in later this week and see how she wants to run then. THeres a ghetto side mount setup right now as I just wanted it tossed together but I hopefully can get something better sorted out tomorrow night or Wednesday.

I've also come to the point where I'm unhappy with my endgame for this and have dramatically changed my plans for the vehicle. I will finish the five lug swap(just the rears left) and install the rear coilovers. I will also install a VF10 with an RX7 B code VAF and the GTR ecu I found in the black car. Otherwise I will not be modifying the car further. The Haltech and all of the other goodies(SS mani, t3 super 60, etc) will be sold to fun an LSX FC RX7. Will be picking up an engine this weekend for that and most likely will stop spending anything but the smallest amount of my free time on this car. So this worklog will probably get pretty dull soon.

Comment

Almost two months later I'm still fighting with the car. Ran poorly due to incorrect spark plug gap, then oil pan needed to be resealed. Then after reseal the car won't start, just turns over. Will go back to war with it this weekend hopefully.

Comment

So I've been horribly neglecting the MX3 these last few months, I've finally decided to stop screwing around with the Subaru and work on getting the GTX setup on teh GTR motor going, looking for some advice/tips. GTR motor, G series, vj20 and GTX intake, GTX VAF and BP26 ecu in a 1994 MX3 RS.

Swapping in a 323 manual rack in, never swapped a rack before, any tips? My idea in my head is that I'm gonna center the steering wheel and remove it, install the manual rack. Then alignment time. Anything I'm overlooking? Tips/advice?

Also, last I wasn't getting fuel. I have fuel pressure coming from the fuel filter but otherwise I haven't checked anything. Was getting fuel before I pulled the trans and put it back, my guess is my ground on the trans is inadequate, any tips for remedying that ground? Other things to check?

I've also decided to dramatically change my end game for the car, again. There are proper coilovers coming in the mail, I will be reverting back to four lug once I find a drivers side spindle to use. A manual steering rack is ready to drop in AND a garret gt2871r turbo and ETD turbo manifold were acquired so that I can do choochoo stuff or whatever. Hopefully this weekend i can sort out the issue with not getting fuel, car will get an alignment and then I will hopefully get around to throwing the garret turbo on and installing the Haltech and probably getting it tuned as it's not setup for that turbo IIRC. More focused on the no fuel issue right now to be honest.

Comment

Easiest way to center the rack is pop the steering wheel off. Finding out how many revolutions it is from lock to lock. Then do half of that and put the steering wheel on without putting the nut on and adjust one tooth at a time till its super close! That's how I did it then got it aligned!

Comment

Working...
                                X