Robs BP GTR build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

updates on the hybrid swap?
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
      updates on the hybrid swap?
      Nothing yet, I just finished my last exam on friday(six exams in four days :/ ) and am taking a day or two to get my bearings before I get at any car stuff and unfortunately the half finished K8 swap in my garage has to be finished first. Hybrid is at least two or three weeks away from getting done.

CUrrently trying to source a VJ20 hot side so I can port the wastegate hole on it and slap the Vf10 on it, then source the coolant line stuff without taking apart the current setup as it's in my DD.

Comment

pmd on the 20

Comment

Originally posted by azgtx View Post
          pmd on the 20
          Clay coming in clutch.

Comment

Gonna have to seriously accelerate my plans, having issues with fuel leaking from the black MX-3 DD. Currently back home in BC helping my folks remove and install new shingles and paint the walls of the two new properties they acquired. Found a hole whack of useful tools in a shack in the back of one of them as well as a shed full of diesel 4/5 cylinder engines and two SBC 350's so once I've got something driving properly with this blue car I'm going to start messing around with the SBCs.

Things to do while the VJ20 turbine housing is on it's way from Clay:

-Resolve a tach that's not working, gonna try another cluster

-Install entire interior

-Wire in all necessary aftermarket gauges

-Acquire necessary waterlines for VF10

-Frantically try to finish installing the K8 in the car in my garage, starting with the stupid fuel filter I can't seem to install.

IF all goes well, I will be driving the blue car full time by mid-May. Might sell the black car, I'd really prefer not to however, my friend I bought it from sold it to me because he knew I wasn't gonna part it out. Will have to make a choice on that soon as I don't want to drive a car that leaks gas everywhere.

Comment

Put together the hybrid today at work. Starting to bore out the wastegate as well, hopefully toss up pictures this evening. I struggled heavily with the removal of the turbine housing bolts but finally got it off with the torch.

Picked up some tires to finally mount my wheels on. 225/50r15 Falken Ziex tires, here pictured next to my 185/60r15 winters I've been rolling on.

Mounted on my 15x8 +0 diamonds.

Comment

225 FTW. thats what i'll be putting on my car pretty soon here.
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

All buttoned up.

I love the 225s, so much grip. I really like how they look too.

The rubbing of fenders however...not so much. Need to roll the rear drivers side fender more to accommodate. I managed to do enough on the passenger side though, did the baseball bat technique as I was in a pinch but I'll be renting a proper roller soon.

Comment

Tires changed the look so much, its sexy now.
                    Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                    "Who Dey"

Comment

So I've sorta mashed the blue MX-3 and BLack MX-3 together in this WL since they're pretty much 1.5 cars between them and I'm always stealing parts from between them.

Anyway, a couple things of happened since I last updated. I ended up stuck on traffic and overheated the car, then the rad cap blew. Luckily I managed to close my eyes in time so only got some light burn/blistering on my face, the beard also seemed to have protected me too. Lucked out huge there. Still figuring out why my fan won't work but I've sourced some info so I think I know what it is now.

Also, last night I was driiving home at about 100km/h and downshifted from 5th to 4th to make a pass and promptly stopped accelerating. Pulled over to the side of the highway and discovered the passenger side axle failed. I believe it's broken cleanly but it was too dark to tell. Got it to a close-by friends house and will hopefully take care of that on my next day off. Now sourcing an auto BP half shaft/intermediate shaft, an upgrade I was planning to do for this f series for a while.

Also got my bearings for the LSD(sorry for the crap pics, phone is acting up and won't focus). Will hopefully get those pressed on before the transmission arrives from DirtSquirrel.

And I got my S14 rad in the mail, will hopefully put that in when the Haltech goes in.

Comment

Haven't updated this in a while.

Currently still driving MX3 #2 till I finally man up and install my Haltech. Got a GTR intake mani coming in the mail, will probably try to bang those out at the same time as well as install my other trans + half shaft because:

MSP LSD should go in soonish, then the trans should go in less soonish. Hopefully.

Got these in preperation for five lug:

Also got ZX2 trailing arms, need to get bushings for those. Hopefully install the front as soon as my FC balljoints arrive from rockauto, then install the rears once I get bushings for the trailing arms and modify the spiindles and coilovers.

And thanks to Ryan I have completed my turbo setup.

Garret t3 super 60 with turbonetics EWG w/ 12 lbs spring, 2.5" downpipe(actually, not that CS bull**** where its actually 2.25") and a reinforced SS turbo manifold with a 38mm two bolt WG. Ryan came through huge with the awesome welding job he did for me.

Comment

So got some work done.

Heres me coercing out a seized ball joint with a precision tool known as an angle grinder.

Heres what the shop looked like last week.

Accidently installed an extra lug nut while installing my coilovers. Dunno how I managed that.

And lastly, heres how she sits currently. Factory Eagle Talon wheels on the front, rears are still factory. Need to modify the rear spindles a bit more to make them fit. Also impatiently waiting on a set of CS brake lines to come in the mail before I can really get her going. Need to bore out my VJ20 wastegate flapper bore and install the VF10 wastegate flapper, struggling with that currently. ONce I've got that the car will be boosted and driven full time, pending an alignment.

Comment

anxious to see it up & going boosted. are you using GD mx6 5 lug bits?

Comment

Yes sir, GD spindles and BJ coilovers. Rears are put on hold till it's boosted and running. Waiting on brake lines and this VF10 flapper situation till I can get those in. Running GD drums in the back, which I know people might not like but I'm not overly worried about it.

I've basically ruined my spare vf10 flapper trying to safely remove it. maybe I can find someone who can weld the flapper to the arm thing and I can salvage it but other wise it's very no beuno. Gonna need to be much more careful with the second(and last) one.

Comment

If you ship me the hotside I can port it. get a larger flapper on it & or optionally have it ceramic coated....

your call

Comment

Working...
                                X