I Bought This...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Bought This...

A 94 Protege LX DOHC and automatic. Twin to my 93 only this one got it's nose knocked off ahead of the radiator support. Same color,wheels,sunroof,everything matches my 93 LX. It turns out it's been sitting just a couple of years. Bought it for towing and storage fees. Total:$325.00 It's got 85,000 miles showing. Now,I want to try to start this thing. After sitting this long,what's the best way to do this? Could the oil pump have lost it's prime in this amount of time? The oil in it is not to bad but I plan to change it and the filter first. The trans fluid is as red as new so it might be ok. If I can get this thing running and the trans is alright,I'll put new axle seals and pump seal in it before I put it in my 93. That was the main reason I bought this one was to fix my 93 and keep the rest for a parts car. Living in the country has it's benefits,no parked car zoning issues. What are your ideas on starting this thing?

The best way is to change the plugs, cap and rotor and oil first. You may even want to pull the head first and pour a little oil in each of the cylenders (just a little around the edges of the pistons) since it's sat for so long. This isn't really necessary, but I'd reccomend it.
    1992 Mazda Protege DX
    Tropical Emerald Metallic - limited mods

Click Here to visit my CarDomain page

Comment

I wouldnt spend a dime on it til I turned the key and knew it was going to run. Why change the oil and not know if its gonna start or not?
      You say PO-TAY-TOE.......I say **** you!

Comment

Working...
      X