92-93 MX3 seat rails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92-93 MX3 seat rails

yo dudes, need some early-style (92-93) MX3 seat rails, the shorter ones.

hollllllllaaaaaaaaaa
    sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
    92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

I might have a set. Would you know them if I took a picture?

Comment

I'll have to see if I can find comparison pictures or measurements or something, because I have no idea
      sigpic

Comment

I have the ones for the Recaro seats.

Comment

Recaro-style are the ones I need. You're sure they're MX3 and not Protege?

What are you looking to get for them?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by atomicEGT View Post
            Recaro-style are the ones I need. You're sure they're MX3 and not Protege?

What are you looking to get for them?
            They are bolted to the bottom of a set of Recaros right now. The seats came out of my 323. I'll take a closer look at them. Do the MX3 rails bolt into the 323/Protege or do people use the MX3 seats on Protege rails?

Comment

the rails are interchangeable in that you can swap them from Protege to MX3 and vice-versa, but the lower cushion on the MX3 seat is uneven so if you use Pro rails on them, the seats tilt toward the center console. if you've got them in your car and they sit level, though, they're the correct rails. for some reason I thought you had just the rails, which would make it a bit trickier for me to figure out.
              sigpic

Comment

I'll check them first thing tomorrow. They are out of the car right now, but I can toss one in real quick to see if it's right.

Comment

Put the driver's seat in the car and it's level so I'm pretty sure they are MX-3 rails. They have some rust around the mounting holes, but they should clean up Ok. Send me a PM with your shipping address and I'll get an estimate on that.

Comment

Are you saying I could put a seat and rails from an MX-3 into my BG 323? Any info would be helpful, thanks. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	1239317

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianDuck View Post
                      Are you saying I could put a seat and rails from an MX-3 into my BG 323? Any info would be helpful, thanks.
                      Correct. You can also do just the seat and make some simple spacers to mount it on the Protege/323 rails. I've got MX-3 seats mounted in my BF on the BF rails and all it took was some spacers and longer bolts to level them.

Comment

Sweet, thanks. MX-3 seats look to be much more supportive than my protégé seats. MX-3 seats will have the added perk of not stabbing me in the back .

Comment

I have a drivers side, that might be available. Expecting a fixed mount in the mail anyday, so if it works out ok, i'll have the adjustable available if you need it. No passenger side though
                          1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
                          Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
                          "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

y'all need to get your own thread instead of bumping this ****.
                            sigpic

Comment

lulz...
                              1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
                              Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
                              "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Working...
                              X