No announcement yet.

Proud new P5 owner!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You got your work cut out for with this car, should be mint when you're done with it. Have fun.

Comment

Great detailed, interesting and informative material on your rebuild, Ryan. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Happy Motoring!
      02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
      MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
      MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
      Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
      MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
      Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
      Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
      Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
      Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
      Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
      Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
      Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
      Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

more to come eventually. this semester is coming to a close, so i should get some time to put this thing back on the road.
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Sucks to hear about that oil pump going. Nice work otherwise. I swear if I had the time and lived closer I be all over helping out/learning the skills you have.
          Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
          "Who Dey"

Comment

thanks!, your always welcome to drop by if your in the area.
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

dropped the cylinder head off at the machine shop again. having another 15thou shaved off. it should be a certain help towards a compression bump.

Comment

Any update on this? Glad to see another P5 getting saved! Great work
                1993 Mazda Protege LX All stock with 121,000 Miles

Comment

i cleaned up the oil pan the other day, & i did get the head back from the machine shop (only took a whole month) [ shaved a 2nd time and additional 15 thou]

I need to pull off the oil pump from the replacement MSP motor i have & alter the oil pump with a cotter pin through the oil pressure relief valve instead of relying on the OEM snap ring/groove(thats what failed on my last motor)

Comment

Unless you repair the ****ty seam sealant job behind the dash. this is the kind of damage you can come to expect.

This car is a piece of ****. and so is mazda for their ****ty design work & skimpy seam sealant.
                    I have to say- this is the last straw for me. I will never buy another newer mazda again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1215152024.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	369.0 KB
ID:	1241725

Name:	1216150035a.jpg
Size:	330.4 KB
ID:	1241726

Comment

I guess this thread needs an update.... in january i started a rush job of trying to stitch in new metal to whatever I could. (didn't meet my deadline & the project got put onhold till an undetermined point)
                      Just recently I picked back up with the project.

here is the mess of **** i've been working on. to be 100% honest. im not sure why I even bothered, its a great beater/Winter car & it should be nice again once I finish the floorpan & get the interior back in.

I added almost a full tube of seam sealer overtop of the Drivers side welds for ****s n giggles & inside the windshield cowel (most critical area)
                      After seam sealing the cowel drain area I added a full can of rustoleum leakseal --white in color so i could see my coverage VS the black paint--
                      Both ends of the cowel drains factory are a MAJOR engineering failure. ~1/8" by ~1 3/4" wide. overtime they get clogged & the pooling water just rots out the cowel. this also ties into the bad seam sealer at the firewall to fender joint which is notorious for cracking & lack of seam sealer from OEM.

Onwards with pictures.

Name:	IMG_1146.jpg
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	1242273

Name:	IMG_1147.JPG
Size:	339.6 KB
ID:	1242274

Name:	IMG_1149.JPG
Size:	315.2 KB
ID:	1242275

Name:	IMG_1148.JPG
Size:	340.2 KB
ID:	1242276

Name:	IMG_1145.jpg
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	1242277

Name:	IMG_1150.JPG
Size:	340.6 KB
ID:	1242278

Name:	IMG_1151.jpg
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	1242279

Name:	IMG_1144.JPG
Size:	290.4 KB
ID:	1242280

Comment

Looks pretty good. Should have primed first before seam sealer so the bare metal is protected under the sealer. Otherwise thumbs up
                        91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

meh, the rest of the car will rot out before the repair work i did will. so not much care here. (i haven't touched any of the underside yet FYI. thats the important area afterall.

Comment

Working...
                          X