Low beams not working...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low beams not working...

So my low beams don't work, only my high's. Fuses are fine and I switched the bulbs just for the heck of it. Still nothing. Any suggestions?

Check for 12 v at the connector to the bulbs. If you get 12 there the look at the ground. If not then trace back to the relay and see if it clicks when you switch them on.

Sent from my iPhone5
    using Tapatalk

Comment

Relay is fine, ground is good and we're getting 12V to the bulbs. I think it's the switch. I've decided to run down to a pick n' pull to grab a used switch to see if that's the issue.

Comment

You switched the bulbs?? assuming you've replaced both of them??

Comment

Yes the bulbs were switched, as well as the fuses (though they were fine) changing the switch did not help either. I must have missed something when I was testing the voltage.

I have run into a few new problems with this car as well.

For my birthday my roomies decided to switch up my cluster and dash trim. I think it's out of a newer mazda (the gauges glow orange now!) but it seems they hooked up my heat wrong. They cannot seem to findout why it does not work... So that's a bummer, it's really cold here right now.

Another is that when it starts it's idleing at/around 1500 after I kick it down for low idle it sit's pretty steady at 1100 rpm's I'm not sure if this is a recommended idle speed but it would explain why it jerks around so much in first and second.

From what I understand the reason why the heat does not work is because of a clip that the heat control wire needs to be attached too. But if I clip the wire to it, the heat knob does not spin all the way to the right as it should, and even so playing with the plastic control arms(?) does not produce any heat. My assumption is fuses which I'm about to check after posting this, but if that's not the issue does anyone have any suggestions? **FIXED

Oh also, my check engine light is on. I'm not sure if I have OBD-II or not. How do I find that out? Google does not seem to be helping.
          Last edited by BMRX; 11-28-2013, 04:40 PM.

Comment

I have two 1999 Protege's, same issue. Under the steering wheel take off the bottom panel (on the bottom of the steering wheel housing that has the wiring for the signals etc.). There is a harness that is on the left side at top of the cluster of whatever...play with that harness and see if your dims work. These harnesses get loose and alot of people drive around with them like that. Took me a year to figure it out. I will post a pic in a few after my cellphone charges enough to get a pic with flash.

Comment

Working...
            X