dash light replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dash light replacement

I am new to the forum, so I may not have done the search thing correctly. Tried to find thread on replacing dash lights over the radio on my 89 323 4 door MZ. I can not see how to possible get to those things, any help would be appreciated. Frank in Washougal

Frank...just get a screwdriver and remove the bezels and it will be evident on which part you need to remove. Radio lights are usually in the radio. The light for the temp control is behind the control so the 2 screws will need to come out to get to it. The ashtray light is just as easy. If you need to replace instrument cluster lights: go under the hood and separate the speedo cable at the union..easier to remove the steering wheel and column covers..remove 5 screws on the cluster bezel and unplug the wires and then the 4 screws for the cluster..pull out on the cluster and reach behind to unlock the wiring plugs and the speedo cable..remove cluster and the lights are right there. hth

Comment

Thanks, sounds like I didn't look close enough.

Comment

Ok, I pulled the plastic bezel and I was able to pull the heater control panel out maybe 1 inch. I can see the light but there is no way to reach it through the 1 inch gap. What am I missing? I am afraid to pull the control any harder, they don't want to move out more than the 1 inch, I must be doing something wrong, it can't be that hard to change a dash light! Frank

Comment

Per the shop manual posted elsewhere, you have to disconnect the control cables to get the panel out far enough to replace the lamp.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X