Coolant thermoswitch connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coolant thermoswitch connector

So... I had to replace the thermostat on my 91 Protege and also decided to change out the thermoswitch. I didnt realize how brittle the connector had gotten and I ended up cracking it in several places. It's barely holding together right now but next time I have to work on it, it may not go back on. I have been searching for a new replacement for it and have not had luck. I had the same issue on the fuel injector connectors and I found denso replacements rather easily. I would like to avoid using salvage replacement for it due to age and heat on them. I have contaced 4 Seasons and SMP and they didn't have any. Does anyone else have any ideas? Thanks.

Well I might have actually found it. It looks a lot like this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	51223989.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	1238003
    Motorcraft WPT-439

Thermoswitch:

Name:	getimage.php.jpeg
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	1238004
    Mazda N350-18-840

A bit expensive though. I will check my connector in the car in the morning to be sure.

Edit: Looks like I was wrong after examining the ford sensor its listed as connecting to. I'm still looking now for the connector. Anyone have a clue? Thanks.
    Last edited by Zorix; 12-06-2013, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Well, I have finally located the correct connector from Sumitomo. Unfortunately, I cannot find a distributer but I am attempting to get a sample so I can check fitting and I will suggest to auto parts stores to try and stock this item.

Connector

Name:	61950066.jpg
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	1239086

Let me know if you all have any ideas on this one.
      Last edited by Zorix; 11-26-2014, 07:53 PM. Reason: Wrong picture

Comment

You had more luck than me looking for a replacement for it. I've just added them as a 100% pull item from junkyard cars. It would be nice to get a new one so it would last more than 20k miles.

These guys usually will sell in low volume and have it listed but not in stock

Strike that it's a different manf part number.

It's also on alibaba if you want to buy 300+ of them.
        Last edited by Kitty; 11-28-2014, 11:54 PM.
        Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
        kitty, you are a hilarious woman
        Originally posted by HopelessCow
        there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
        Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

As you can see it took me nearly a year to find it. I looked through catalogs of various Japanese connector manufacturers until I found this one. I had a lead on some manufacturers to check after coming across Eastern Beaver's site. I was trying to avoid junk yard pulls for the very reason you have come across. They are all around the same age so they are all in very similar condition. I would much rather put on a connector that will last another 15 to 20 years and not have to worry. I will be pulling the engine in my vehicle sometime next month and I'm sure I will have other nasty surprises with connectors. Hopefully I can locate those too.

Comment

Where did you end up finding the sensor?

Comment

Originally posted by boosted94 View Post
              Where did you end up finding the sensor?
              I got the sensor from eBay.

I did a search and this is the cheapest one that came up:

Comment

Working...
              X