323 vs Protege Front Spindles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

323 vs Protege Front Spindles

Can anyone confirm that the front spindles on a BG base model 323 and a Protege LX are identical? I'm getting ready to downsize the brakes on my autocross car to the smaller 323 9.25" disks and hopefully Wilwood calipers. I have my old Protege LX spindles/brakes on it right now. My 323 spindles are on the Protege which is at the fab shop getting the cage welded in it. If the spindles are identical I won't have to go swap them out.

pro LX spindles have the brake mounting slightly further outwards in order to accommodate the larger brakes.
    so no not fully the same.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
      pro LX spindles have the brake mounting slightly further outwards in order to accommodate the larger brakes.
      so no not fully the same.

That is exactly what I need to know. Thanks.

Comment

no worries
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Calipers

Originally posted by XelderX View Post
          Can anyone confirm that the front spindles on a BG base model 323 and a Protege LX are identical? I'm getting ready to downsize the brakes on my autocross car to the smaller 323 9.25" disks and hopefully Wilwood calipers. I have my old Protege LX spindles/brakes on it right now. My 323 spindles are on the Protege which is at the fab shop getting the cage welded in it. If the spindles are identical I won't have to go swap them out.
          Wilwood calipers are bolt on or you have to fabricate something?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by protege94 P.R View Post
            Wilwood calipers are bolt on or you have to fabricate something?
            Most likely have to fabricate special brackets. My plan is to run a Wilwood caliper on a Wilwood 2 piece rotor that has been turned down on a lathe to the stock 323 diameter (9.25"). In autocross we don't use the brakes much so I want to get them as light as possible. The limiting factor will be whether I can turn the rotor down that far without having part of the brake pads overhanging the edge. It will be close and I can always take some of the pad material away. I've got a spare Wilwood caliper to work out some mounting issues, but i haven't had time to mock it up yet on a stock rotor.

Comment

Working...
            X