No announcement yet.

Project Super Secret Race Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get a good harmonic balancer and a well balanced stock weight flywheel with a sprung clutch. When hardened parts shatter like glass, it's a harmonic issue that is accelerated with excessive TQ. The Harmonics like to fracture gears, diff rivets, oil pumps, rod bolts and wrist pins. If you can check two of these failures off, then you have a critical harmonic problem. It is common with inline 4 cylinder engines, especially those with over 1600cc displacement and no balance shaft… like the BP.

Comment

JT could you explain your COP setup yet again? I can't find your old post on FF.com where you talk about it.

As of right now I have the Toyota COPs and Miata CAS on the shelf, and I'm running a stratified squirt (MS2) with the stock dizzy.

From what I've read the stock dizzy can be used as a CAS as well (it *is* a CAS).

I believe I was once told with MS2 they have to be batch fired in pairs, in wasted spark.

So in that case would I want 1&4 and 2&3 wired together? Run the trigger wire to IGN1 and IGN2? Its all pretty vague to me.
      93 Festiva BP+T/G25MR done for
      T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT4 FMIC, Capri Electronics, Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
      Bests : ET 12.50, MPH 111.5, 60' 1.79, 22" slicks, 15psi

Comment

The best write ups are on Miataturbo.net. they have all the diagrams and settings you'll need.
        i know its a piece of crap... but im still faster...

Comment

Started at beginning, now i am here....
          Any updates on the BF?
          mazda stands by you

Comment

put it back to stock and parted out the useful pieces. im building a 1973 ford courier pick up with an fe3n,turbo, rx7 trans, and ford 8.8 rear end. should be faster.

Comment

Nice. Any build thread on that?
              mazda stands by you

Comment

http://fordcouriercollector.com/ > member builds > I wanna go fast. My '73 Courier build

Comment

Working...
                X