New DD, 1988 Mazda 323 LX Deluxe, Her name is Regina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New DD, 1988 Mazda 323 LX Deluxe, Her name is Regina

I was poking around craigslist per my usual. I came across this little gem of an 88 323 LX (as well as a 5-speed SE hatch). I was planning to buy this and trade for the hatch (I looked at it first, it was sort of rough). When I went to see the 323, I was astonished at how clean the interior was. The body is pretty nice other then the drivers fender. It has scratches and dents but what 88 economy car doesn't. 119k on the clock, has a ton of neat options, the coolest being under seat storage and aftermarket cruise control. Still has the original window sticker and owners manual. It has a blown head gasket. It's leaking into the coolant, not into the oil at all. I am unsure if I am just going to suck it up and do it. Or use the same stuff we did on the odyssey that lasted quite a while. The worst news is, it's autotragic. But for the price I payed I could not pass it up. It runs good for having a blown head gasket. Came with a nice kenwood head unit (still gotta get the faceplate). Plan to drop the GT grill and bumpers on it (If I find something better for the wagon). I will one day put the 5-speed from the wagon in when the trans dies. Anyway here it is for now, updates will be coming!

Last edited by Crazypunkerguy; 03-23-2014, 08:20 PM.
    1991 Mazda 323 Base (Gretchen)-Build Thread
    Sold-1987 Mazda 323 Wagon (Molly)-Build Thread
    R.I.P.-1988 Mazda 323 GT (Misty) -Build Thread

Oh Colorado, how beautiful your mountains and awesome your roads!

That is very clean indeed. How much did you get it for?

Comment

Originally posted by BFMRGTX View Post
      That is very clean indeed. How much did you get it for?
      Lol, well I suppose I can say. A great deal at $500!

Comment

What a deal, what a deal. If you can make the AC hold a charge you should put a gasket in it and drive it. Keep it cheap. Get tired of it, flip it to fund other projects.
        1988 SOHC 5-speed Mazda 323 SE Hatchback
        1990 MX-6 (in repair)

Comment

Originally posted by Hatch View Post
          What a deal, what a deal. If you can make the AC hold a charge you should put a gasket in it and drive it. Keep it cheap. Get tired of it, flip it to fund other projects.
          Thanks, I haven't even tried the A/C. Not really worried about it I don't usually use it anyways. I don't plan on getting rid of this for a while hopefully.

Comment

So a little update I completed the head gasket. Been driving it for a few days as the wagon lost a rear trans mount. I am slowly falling more and more in love with how clean this car is. I think I may end up b6t swapping this and swap in somethign else for spindles. As far as I have figured it out. I can use the complete 1st gen mx-6 (or first gen probe/gd 626 stuff) rear cross member and struts with rx-7 ball joints and the same car spindles up front. Or BG struts and spindles for bolt up 4x100/better bearing swap also slightly larger brakes. I want to swap the kyb struts and vogtland springs onto the wagon as well as the rear disk off the gt. So i wanna do something else with this car.

Out and about, running like a champ.

Forgot to take pics of the head gasket job with the exception of this one.

Wheels I may put on ( I have smaller tires of coarse.)

Comment

Close and Lock She gone!

Comment

Working...
              X