Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

aftermarket wheels on a bf please post pics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mazkam View Post
    DeeAOne I was all set on acquiring a set of 16x8 +20 xxr 521, until i saw you switching from the XXR 16" to 15". Why the switch from the 16" to the 15"? Also, you indicated that with the 15x8 +20 xxr531 & 205/50/15 installed you had a little bit more tire. Wouldn't 205/45/16 instead of the 205/40/16 on the 16x8 +20 xxr 521 work?

I'm just curious about what are the reasons you down sized from the 16" to 15". Your reply will shed some light on whether or not i should go the 16" route or stay with my current 15" wheel size.
    Pretty much hit it on the head Mazkam. The smaller wheel allows me to run a bigger tire and still clear at my ride height. A 205/45/16 at the height I am at would have have had serious rubbing issues on the rear, and the front when turning. I rubbed with the 205/40/16s on the outer sidewalls, especially when I hit bumps. I'm going for a more functional setup this time around. More tire on the ground = better traction.

Don't get me wrong, the 16's weren't terrible and I loved the look. I just want the best possible setup in my opinion. If I could have kept 16s and still put a fat tire on it and keep it decently low I would have. As of right now the rear is raised up a good bit. Going to see if it helps with traction up front.
    Last edited by DeeAOne; 04-15-2014, 08:39 PM.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Thanks for the info. I guess to run the 16x8 would require modification of the front fenders (making them a little wider) and rear wheel wells. I think I will hold off from those 16x8.

Comment

What about 16x7's? I autocrossed my GT today and the stock 14's were rolling of the lips something scary. I found some 16's on craigslist for 100 and am thinking of picking them up. Any idea on a minimum offset when using a 16 or should I just use 15's?
        88 323 GT - 03 Protege5 - 07 Mazda 5

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	July6 19 2013 021.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	358.4 KB
ID:	1238611

Comment

Rota Slips aka Spoon Reps. 11ish lbs and come in 4x114.3

Comment

This sounds like a silly question but wtf is the stock bolt pattern on a bf gt sedan? 114.3 or 114? There are so many different things on the internet I can't figure out the proper size. Argh.
              1988 Mazda 323 gt (red)
              1988 Mazda 323 gt (grey)
              1967 Lancia Fulvia coupe
              1969 Lancia Fulvia sport Zagato
              1986 Volkswagon Vanagon
              1988 Toyota pickup 4x4(white)
              1988 Toyota pickup 4x4(brown)
              yikes that's too many cars

Comment

Bolt pattern is 4x114.3

Comment

well this winter I'm finally getting back to the gtx and I'm still undecided on wheels, please keep posting.
                  5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

Here are the lastest set I bought for my GTX

Comment

Originally posted by azgtx View Post
                      All I have been using are the OZ's from the Lancers.

and these were nice wheels Technomagnesios 17's and with a 45 offset IIRC with 245 40 17 rubber.

The bumpers and skirts were photo shopped by the way. My son was bored one day. The wheels and rubber were really nice though and no rubbing at all.
                      What tires are you using for the O.Z RALLYZ?

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

Comment

DeeAOne Did you raise you good like the for fresh air in the engine compartment?
                        1987 Mazda 323 DX 1.6l 5 spd, KYB Exel-G struts w/ stock coils, hybrid cai, cut exhaust, custom 5 blade fan upgrade

Comment

Hood*
                          1987 Mazda 323 DX 1.6l 5 spd, KYB Exel-G struts w/ stock coils, hybrid cai, cut exhaust, custom 5 blade fan upgrade

Comment

Nvr mind I see it's just off in that one pic

Comment

Working...
                            X