Question On Replacement Struts/everything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question On Replacement Struts/everything

So I'm getting a knocking noise from my front end going over bumps and my back end bottoms out really easily, like 90lbs and if I go over a decent bump, I'll bottom. I'm not looking for a dramatic drop. I want something a little stiffer and maybe a 1" drop. So far I see eibach ground control spring and Monroe struts.

Anything else suspension related I should change?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

strut mounts
    Almost there

jdm tails... check
    jdm bumper... check
    ms lip... check
    ms grill... check
    ms sideskirts... check
    ms rear skirts... check
    ms spoiler... check
    ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
    Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

lowering at all on a monroe strut will probably blow out the struts in no time at al .. shop around for some kyb gr2's. they can handle the drop far better than the monroes

Comment

Really?... Are they just made that different? I'm doing the bushings at the same time. Hopefully that will get rid of the knocking. But I'll keep that in mind.

Comment

lowering the car from stock involves shorter springs but to keep you from bottoming out they are a slightly higher spring rate which means the struts will have to have more damping ability to moderate the spring. Monroe's are built to the lowest possible spec and really arent designed to offer higher damping rates beyond oem spec. so 1 of of 2 things will happen. the strut will fail prematurely or give you the honda cut-spring bounce

Comment

Haha the cut spring bounce... Damn. I always thought they were a good brand like kyb

Comment

i using B&G springs with KYB struts.it rides real good

Comment

Working...
              X