No announcement yet.

4WD BJ Familia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mazda 4wd backend - prep, colour application, Torsen diff fit up & installation.

Comment

Getting closer: Toyota Celica 4wd gearbox installed in engine bay with the assistance of Teyhren Ramdon. Time for the custom mounts to be fabbed up by Jason Nesbeth. #WTF323 #FinishlineAutoRepairs #TMF #Mazda #ZOOMZOOM #BP #ST205GT4 #4WDFUN

Minor chassis leg modification required.

Comment

nice update!!! subbin for more progress pictures
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Custom mounts installation and slotting of chassis leg currently on hold due to fabricator busy schedule.

Acquired some additional goodies for my car though.

Evo ecu 8 setup courtesy of Carlos Rivera from BP Performance. Just need to acquire the tach adapter, Evo map sensor with adapter. I had a set of Evo 8 560cc injectors, so I had asked Carlos to add some Bosch connectors instead of the Denso connectors to the custom loom.

Scored me a set of really low milage (600 mile) BC coilovers @ an awesome price.

Last edited by mazkam; 01-25-2018, 11:10 AM.

Comment

nice scores!!! you'll like the evo ecu! it really changes the game
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
              nice scores!!! you'll like the evo ecu! it really changes the game

Thanks. Can't wait to feel the evo ecu in full effect.

Comment

This is how I kicked off my 1st day in the New Year. Got the engine and Gt4 Celica gearbox mounted (mocked up) in the engine bay today courtesy of Delroy Henry of 360 Weld. Thanks to Teyhren Ramdon for granting us access to Finishline Auto on New Years day public holiday. I felt like a child unwrapping his present on Christmas morning as I removed the blocks and boards that were used to support the engine and gearbox in the engine bay. Bolted up engine side & top gearbox mounts, slotted the chassis some more and fabricated the top gearbox mount bracket. Have the front & back mount brackets to remaining and to modify the subframe so that Celica axles can clear it.

Comment

Weekend #1 of the new year: Got some more work done on the car yesterday. Fabricating of the front mount bracket and finish welding the top gearbox mount bracket. Fabrication done by 360 Weld Delroy Henry. Have the back mount and notching of subframe so the inner cv's of the Celica axles can clear the and install in the gearbox. #WTF323 #Finishlineauto #360Weld #TMF

Fabrication of front mount bracket.

Onto the top mount bracket. Removal of mocked up bracket to weld properly.

Done and painted.

Comment

Almost there. Looking so unsuspecting. It's not what's on the outside, but what's on the inside that counts. This is the first 4wd 2000 - 2003 Mazda 323/Familia/Protege (BJ chassis) with the Toyota Celica GT4 4wd drivetrain conversion on a global level. #WTF323 #TMF #Finislineauto #Nestechweld #360weld #4wdfun #BPturbo #E154F #Mazda #Yota #ZoomZoom

Comment

I have the following modification remaining. Custom cross member, rear gearbox mount and prop shaft.

Comment

Congrats. Looks awesome.

Comment

nice work! its coming along!

Comment

Thanks. It have it's daunting moments at time, but I'm looking at the fun factor benefits in the end.

Comment

Incredible work. It will be a blast to drive

Comment

Update: Chassis leg welded, engine bay pull down, prepped for colour application. #Finishlineautorepairs #360Weld #WTF323 #TMF

Comment

Working...
                                X