Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS: Custom design, limited edition voltmeter (Car Audio)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: Custom design, limited edition voltmeter (Car Audio)

Hello friends!
    I'm selling a couple of these. The price is set at $30, and shipping is about $5 (USPS Priority Mail). If you want to learn more, refer to this thread: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5819

Here are some pics:

I'm selling the green LED boards. Unfortunately, the blue color LED displays were too expensive for me to pre-order ($10 each, the board needs two of them).

Happy bidding and good... Oh, that's not eBay. lol

aww, I'm going blue in my car, if you had teh blue I would have loved it.
    Visit My Garage

Comment

You can order the blue and have it shipped to my address, then I will solder it on the board for you and ship it. Here's the link: http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSea...=20190&Site=US

And the board will be $28 (minus $2 because the greens cost $1 each).
      Last edited by Intruder; 03-18-2004, 02:39 PM.

Comment

I ordered some blue LEDs. Any takers?

Comment

bump.
          The blue parts are available. $42 + shipping dudes!

Comment

meaning you have a blue board to give up now?
            Visit My Garage

Comment

The board is still green, the LEDs are BLUE.

Comment

Black board, and your choice of blue or green LEDs.

Comment

Still 42+shipping?

Comment

$45+ shipping for the blue ones, but for ClubP members I'll keep the original price of $42.
                    The green ones are still $30 though.

Comment

How do you hook them up? You have one wire running to the battery? Is there a cover or something to put the reader in so the circuits won't get damage or accumlate dirt?

MP3 Strut Bar..Silver Stars..GoldLine Springs..Two 10 Inch Speakers..480 Watt Amp..Custom Voltage Meter..Ingen CAI..Bomz Axle Back Exhaust..Konigs Holes 17x7

Comment

Unfortunately, there is no cover. Mounting and installation is totally up to you. The unit is very small, and it will easily fit anywhere.
                        Wiring is easy - there are 2 sets of wires coming out of the DVM. 1 set is for power, the other is to be used just like any other voltmeter's probe leads. You can connect a 9V battery to the Power input and use the DVM anywhere you want. You can similarly hook it up in the car. You can also connect both sets of wires together and connect them straight to the car battery (with a fuse to be safe), and monitor its voltage.

A few more pics:

(^^^ look at the reflection on the desk-top for a more accurate representation of the blue color)

Last edited by Intruder; 05-16-2004, 03:57 PM.

Comment

a few more Q's How accurate are they? Its refresh rate? And what comes with it?

MP3 Strut Bar..Silver Stars..GoldLine Springs..Two 10 Inch Speakers..480 Watt Amp..Custom Voltage Meter..Ingen CAI..Bomz Axle Back Exhaust..Konigs Holes 17x7

Comment

Here's a post by blue LEDz (our Car-Audio moderator):

Originally posted by blue LEDz
                            to anyone interested in these meters, i HIGHLY recomend them i've already got 3 blue and 1 green meter, and they are sweet. intruder forgot to mention that the refresh rate is 2.5 times per second, faster than every digital volt meter i've used i've checked the meters i have against my 2 digital meters (one radio shack, one craftsman) and my old analog meter. these units are dead nuts and give you the most accurate reading. i will also vouch for martin/intruder that he won't scam you or rip you off. he's spent a bit of time designing the meters and had the boards custom made, so he knows what's he's doing
                            Originally posted by akaveli
                            And what comes with it?
                            What else do you need?

Comment

koo. I was in the area of getting a voltage meter and came across your post. I'd rather help out a fellow Club member then give my money to. AutoZone. lol So yea, I'm interested. Just let me kno what I need to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X