Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

My build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Back again, so shortly there after this post a lot of progress will be made! Found rims I'm purchasing Wednesday, looking for and going to purchase a CAI system, and buy some mild lowering springs for now. The preferred method in my mind are coil overs but for the look I'm after lowering springs will work. I'm also looking to do a custom trunk setup in the next couple weeks once I price everything out, hard wood floor with storage underneath plus going to add another sub to the one I already have, purchase a better amp to run both and a custom box. I'll also be putting some lights in to show it all off at my show this coming month. Stay tuned for pictures, granted the exterior will look halfway done but the interior is going to be amazing hopefully by the time my show rolls around! Any help or ideas for the trunk setup let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So some progress being made. Concentrating on some upgrades I want just because and not so much for show. I purchased two sets of speakers one for the front doors since they are starting to fail, and a set for the rear deck. I purchased some new fog lights night breakers, looking forward to seeing the difference. I bought some new headlight bulbs and installed those last night and couldn't believe the difference. Purchased some led side marker bulbs and interior bulbs. And last night as an impulse buy I bought a double din touchscreen head unit. Kinda disappointed with the pre out volts but it's not any different than my current setup.

Comment

model/pictures of the head unit??
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

It's a pioneer avh-x1600dvd

Comment

Everything has been shipped. I installed the head unit Friday night while sitting in the Walmart parking lot. However the dash kit did NOT fit and after searching multiple websites, I ended up calling soniceletronix. They found it but told me it looks like it's a special order item and ships directly from the manufacturer. So at the moment the head unit is just kinda free floating in my dash. Speakers, both sets, will be here Tuesday and I'll be installing them as soon as I'm done work. I have a couple small projects that knowing me will take all day to do that I might start today, includes takin the seats out to remove the center console so I can install the aux cable plug and I might fab something up so I can put the USB plug in too. Trying to figure out how to do it and keep the plugs strong so when you plug anything in it doesn't push the plug down will be tricky but I have an idea or two.

So on a side note I finally got the rear strut mount fixed and the wheel bearing fixed only to be told both of my ball joints in the front of my car needs to be replaced. I told my mechanic that I didn't have the money to buy them because having already been told it's something I should do I looked them up and it's the whole control arm. He argued with me about it and after three parts stores and an hour later finally agreed that we couldn't get just the ball joints. Now here's the fun part, as he was putting the steering knuckle down over the ball joint one side snapped off. FML RIGHT? Well we went and got it welded back on and his comment was "when I tighten it I just won't over do it". Yeah wanna know how that worked out? He over tightened it and snapped half the weld. So now I'm on the hunt for a steering knuckle and the great part..... Unless it comes with the wheel bearing which could be bad anyways and the hub I'm going to have to buy ANOTHER f-ing wheel bearing.

Oh and this is a guy who has his own shop and is a paid mechanic.

Comment

sounds like you should find a new mechanic. & he should pay for the part/new bearing

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                  sounds like you should find a new mechanic. & he should pay for the part/new bearing
                  I won't be going back except for use of his lift. I can do a lot of the work myself and a lift does come in handy at times

Comment

My build thread

Well, most don't know but I'm the president of a club who is hosting a show next weekend and not being one to want to show up with nothing done to my car at all I managed to make some progress. Tint went on yesterday, have a banner goin on today and something going on my rear window.
                    As much as I like the current mazda symbol I'm fonder of the 1930s symbol, so I'm in the process of shaving my trunk and that symbol is going on my rear window. Also, doing some bondo and paint work this weekend prior to the show. Not going all out because come winter I'm having the body work needed redone and the car resprayed.

Oh these are the rims I'll be putting on for the show. Then they will come back off so I can either polish them or have them powder coated.

Comment

So my build is progressing slowly but I think I found a spare engine and transmission which is huge! My winter goal is to rebuild and add a turbo to the engine as well as have the transmission rebuilt. My next thing I'll be doing is researching a turbo build, Any help would be great since I'm clueless when it comes to turbos. So any help and even recommendations would be great!

Comment

Working...
                      X