Front Sway Bar Bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Sway Bar Bushings

Has anyone replaced the front sway bar bushings on their BH? It looks as though the subframe needs to be dropped in order to get to the bracket bolts and the bushing slides over the end of the bar to where it's supposed to be? Has someone figured out an easier way to do it? My bushings are a little loose, no major clunking, but I can slide the bar back and forth and slightly up and down. It can wait a little while, but I'd like to get some insight into this first. Thank you.

yes subframe needs to be dropped in order to get to the bracket bolts . only a few cm

Comment

You have to drop it

Do the steering rack bushings while you're in there.

Check the rear mount too before you do it, as that would be a good time to replace it as well.
      Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
      kitty, you are a hilarious woman
      Originally posted by HopelessCow
      there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
      Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Alright, I know it's been a while, but finally getting around to the bushings. I found out that the '85 (I think) RX-7 had the same diameter front sway bar and ordered a set of Energy Suspension bushings (since they don't make anything for the BH Protege).

Any tips and/suggestions for doing this?

Comment

Working...
        X