No announcement yet.

The 'scort with no name.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This guy showed up. Made me pretty happy.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0262.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	1241109

However, upon my very degraded inspection, I feel I may be missing more? I've been battling a fever of 103f for 6 days now, and HAD to walk outside to the driveway to do SOMETHING. The 'pin' that goes between this and the nose to lock it in, I can't find in my bin, and I feel like I might be missing another plate or pulley? I still could be quite mislead, as I damn near shat my britches when i tried to move the motor around in the hatch.

oh well.. we'll find out someday when i can get to it i suppose...

Name:	IMG_0263.jpg
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	1241110
    Last edited by worldhazard; 06-03-2015, 05:01 PM.
    1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
    Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
    "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

thats called a "woodruff key"

you can order that at your local mazda.
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Waiting for a paycheck still to hopefully get those last few parts. Or I'll just attempt to take them off the dead motor. I understand it's a complete PITA though.

So, as each day goes by, I am reminded that I want to get back into a car uber pronto. Well, the EGT is the car for now, obviousley. However, as my plans have been to make it the rally car, I just can't shake my original idea (15+ years old) of building a Gp2 BG 323 car. So.....

There's a 323 in Salem for like $400. I'm thinking if I start work soon enough, get some money at some point, pick up a 323 donor shell I'll just swap everything from the egt into that and be a happy freaking fella.

I mean, how can this not make a fella excited!?Click image for larger version

Name:	323.jpg
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	1241202

And on that note... I do a 'working interview' tomorrow at a shop. If all goes well, I have the job. I can't tell you how excited I am to be getting back to work regularly with a real paycheck again.
        1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
        "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Hell yeah! first paycheck today in 2 months! Too bad it only had 2 days on it.... So.. sooner than later, money... *sigh* Found a JDM BPT on fleebay for $1k shipped... kinda made me sick when I found it. Still though, not a fan of wanting to go turbo but the thought is 'cool'

Comment

R@wr!
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]66015[/ATTACH]

Comment

why do you need those bits?? small nose/big nose?
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

The rebuilt motor doesn't have these. I'd ideally like to have all bits and pieces collected and on their, while having another complete motor as extra to rebuild. (the dead one that's in the car right now) it's a convenience factor maybe? play out in the long run. Just adds a smidge more time to the process...

Big nose if i remember correctly.

Comment

hrmm. new is good. i can't recall what spare BP pulley i have laying abouts i want to think its a small nose tho. id gladly mail it to you free if i find it & its a big nose.

Comment

that would be SWELL.

Comment

Attempting to make some progress in the downtime.

I want to have all hoses replaced this time around. I'm looking at ss braided all around even, depending on the total cost. Still researching this. Might happen once I get to rallycar mode. No, I don't plan on necessarily having gobs of power/pressure flowing around to REALLY need such a product. However, I'm looking at longevity and taking a little more abuse, both temperatures and physical (debris getting up in there)

So, I took inventory of a handful of hoses, mostly vac but not all of them, before dinner was ready. I started with the Vac diagram from the wiring manual, but there looked like some just didn't match? Anyway, it's attached below.

Name:	18l_vacuum.jpg
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	1241345

I noticed the majority of the vac lines were Id 5mm and larger were 9mm. This seemed weird as I figured they should be even numbers. I think my calipers might be calibrated incorrectly (digital kind). So after looking, I see the majority are 4 and 8.

I'd like some confirmation from you guys that there are in fact a lot of 4mm and 8mm ID hoses.

Does anyone have experience building their own ss braided lines?

Fuel/vac/oil?

I've noticed people using those dinky breather filters on the valve cover.. The diagram shows only 1 line leaving that area, but I have 2.... Help me understand this... (the right side goes to the intake piping, top is to the intake manifold)

I saw this straggler, not hooked up anywhere... I feel like this piece was something the wagon had, but not the EGT, so i yanked it at a yard (or it was something i replaced on the wagon.. not sure. a while ago) What is it? And where does this line plug in? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0395.jpg
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	1241346

Last 'issue' for the moment. What are these lines?

Name:	IMG_0393.jpg
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	1241347
                      Last edited by worldhazard; 07-28-2015, 11:45 PM.

Comment

What would the recommend gauge wire be for grounding the engine bay as well? I've got several pathetic wires that... well.. need replacing.

Comment

Not directly impacting the build at this moment, however.. I scored an engine stand the other day (bolts incoming via Fastenal), and painted it today. I didn't like the ugly Cummins scheme. Considering how to get the engine up there or just wait until I acquire a hoist.

Name:	stand.jpg
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	1241373|

last weekend, the girlfriend and I started building some storage in the garage to clean things up, and get my car in here so some work can get done. Slowly making progress. Just working on getting rid of some large objects now (recliner and dishwasher are all that's left)

Name:	YasyShelves.jpg
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	1241374

Comment

red- heatercore hose
                            blue- i think thats one of the lines that goes under to the intake manifold (flows coolant)
                            green- coolant to the TB

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                              red- heatercore hose
                              blue- i think thats one of the lines that goes under to the intake manifold (flows coolant)
                              green- coolant to the TB
                              Thanks. I'll look into the cooling hose layout and get the skinny some more.

Silicone vacuum hoses were delivered today. Standing by. We also laid some lumber in the rafters of the garage and moved a bunch of stuff up high and out of the gosh darn way.

Comment

rafters are amazing!!! what length supports did you have to put up?

Comment

Working...
                                X