Sway bar bushings and end links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sway bar bushings and end links

I am a bit confused as to the models and different types or names of my Mazda Protege LX. As I am obviously new to these lil cars.

I am just working on making mine ride like new. The brakes... Done and work perfect. The AC done, works awesome.

Now I am going to do the struts later in the year they are in ok visual shape. The end links and sway bar bushings are not.

I see this thread! http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...-bushings-list
    Awesome work putting this together. I just need some clarification on what will fit my car. As I'm just not up on if mine will cross with all the other names or models around the world.

What I want right now is new sway bar bushings and end links for the front and rear.

Front:
    Is this what I want? Regular BG models- 4-5140 3/4" (*$24.00)
    or This looks to have both end links and sway bar bushings! http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...sp?prod=4.5141

Rear:
    Is this what I want? Regular BG models- 4-5140 3/4" (*$24.00)
    Is the rear the same as the front? I see just the sway bar bushings for the rear: http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...sp?prod=121102
    What end links do I order?

Thanks for helping me out with this. I am sure you guys can set me straight.

1993 Mazda Protege LX All stock with 121,000 Miles

I would order everything separately.
    First take a micrometer to your front and rear bar,you never know if a cars been in an incident and it was replaced with a competently different part.
    Step two You know know the size of the bushings to order as well as which links to get due to the size of the sway bar.
    Step three order things.

For reference I just installed moog front links K700525 and bushings(....) and am fond of them so far, even though they've increased my under-steer a bit at the limit. It's time to do the rears now.

even if you don't plan to order from Rockauto use them as a good interchange/reference. They list the lengths/size of stuff pretty consistently.
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Kitty thanks for the reply. I will see if I can get a hold of a micrometer, as I do not have one. What are the stock sizes for my LX? Every thing sure looks to be all original. But it could have had something replaced who knows!

Thanks again for the help. Just to clarify, I will never race this car. It is a simple commuter car for me and my family. I just enjoy a nice tight, clean ride. Really glad that I found this Mazda as the build quality is fantastic! Car is a sporty compared to a civic or corolla. My end goal is to have a car that rides like new or slightly better then new.

Comment

I just measured the sway bars with my wrenches. One was 15/16" and the other 3/4". So I got those wrenches out and see which one fit. The 15/16" fit around both my rear and front bars. So I ordered kits for both. They just arrived. and I will be installing them hopefully this week sometime.

This is what I ordered. One for the front and one for the rear.

So at least of the LX those parts on mine are the 15/16" parts.

Comment

I never thought to use wrenches. I guess it would be a good idea to use tools that people actually have.
          Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
          kitty, you are a hilarious woman
          Originally posted by HopelessCow
          there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
          Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Well I got the end links put on last night! So much better. The sway bar bushings... the fronts. I doubt I will touch. They are terrible I can't get to them. The rears will be easy.

Comment

Working...
            X