93 protege low low idle issue when clutch is engaged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93 protege low low idle issue when clutch is engaged

just started doing this today, first the car is a 93 and has 47k original miles, im new to these cars, iv always had hondas and mini trucks, so this is kind of new for me.

it runs fine, till you press in the clutch, then the rpm drops till it almost stalls then comes back up , im not sure wtf is going on, a little info would be much appreciated.
    sigpic

How do you have so few miles?

Make sure all the clutch/neutral switches work, there is one or two on the clutch assembly and there is a neutral switch on the bottom of the trans as well. Any of those not working can effect your clutch in idle.
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

I bought it from a elderly couple and they used it as their commuter car, he was a teacher and drove like 3 miles a day.
      sigpic

Comment

I read something a about a switch on the clutch , they just unhooked it? I dunno , pretty frustrating .
        sigpic

Comment

radiator fluid full???

the engine should be compensating in upwards revs ever so slightly - the clutch & neutral safety switch are tied to the same line to the ecu.
          strange

what is your standard idle at?
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Around 8 to 9 ? I'll look tomorrow for sure .
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
              radiator fluid full???

the engine should be compensating in upwards revs ever so slightly - the clutch & neutral safety switch are tied to the same line to the ecu.
              strange

what is your standard idle at?
              Think you nailed it. Checked the rad today , fluid was low , put a whole cup of water in . So far perfect idle when clutch is engaged
              sigpic

Comment

well 2 days in, no problems. thank you fe3-323 i would never have thought that would cause that issue.
                sigpic

Comment

Awesome to hear! Glad it was an easy solution for you.
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                  X