Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much whp needed for 12 sec class on the 1/4 mile.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much whp needed for 12 sec class on the 1/4 mile.

I'm wanna compete with my bp-t powered 4wd BJ car in some drag meets for this year. The 4wd BJ weighs in @ 1280 kg and I don't plan on shedding much weight other from my speaker box & spare tyre, maybe the back seat & passenger seats if needs be. The class I'm eyeing is the 12 sec class and I want to know how much whp my engine have to produce to run low 12's to high 11's with that weight.

The drag meet is held every 2 months with the last meet held 2 weekends ago. The track is an old airport runway and the surface concrete without track bite being used.

One of the main reason I'm asking this question is because I'm planning on doing a Toyota 4wd drivetrain engine swap. I was originally planning on doing the Celica GT-Four or Caldina GT-T 4wd drivetrain conversion, but I came across a Rav 4wd drivetrain setup for sale. After doing a small research I found out that the Rav 4 drivetrain have a shorter gear ratio & its lighter than 3sgte drivetrain. The gearbox & transfer is visible smaller than the 3sgte so less modification will be required to bolt up to the bp engine (modifying crank case) & installing in bj chassis. The only downside is that the Rav 4 drivetrain is only good for 350whp and I doubt that would be enough to win the 12 sec class with 1280kg car.

If I need more than 350 whp, then I will pass on the Rav4 drivetrain and work with the Toyota Caldina GT-T or Celica GT-Four drivetrain.

The cars in that class are.

Subaru Impreza Sti & WRX
    Pulsar GTir
    Evo 1 - 10
    Turbocharged DC5 type r
    SR20det powered Nissans,
    Turbocharged Civics
    GT turbo Starlets
    1Jzgte powered Mark2 & BMW's

The Sti's are dominant with 12.0+ passes with full interior (minus junk in the trunk).
    Last edited by mazkam; 08-24-2014, 12:10 PM.

Build the motor. Pistions,cams and a 6266 turbo. Should get you there.

Comment

I know a guy running a junkyard BP with 20psi running 11's at the track....

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

It's all about the tune

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
          I know a guy running a junkyard BP with 20psi running 11's at the track....
          Is this with the full interior?

Originally posted by A_Grant View Post
          It's all about the tune
          Megasquirt is ems that I will be installing.
          Last edited by mazkam; 08-24-2014, 12:13 PM.

Comment

^^if I remember right he hit 11.6 with interior, 11.4 without

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I love the sound of that Damkid. Do you know what turbo and injector size he used?

Comment

Working...
              X