X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interior lights issue with tail lights

Hi guys
    I have a weird issue with my tail lights and the interior/dashboard lights
    All of the sudden the interior/dashboard lights died as well as the tail lights.
    I checked the fuse and all is good so I decided to go a bit further.
    I swapped the bulb from the heater controls to the ignition key light and it worked for a while. Then it stopped again for no obvious reason. Since the I did a few bulb swaps and the issue is intermittent. I also checked the contacts on the bulb sockets and they look clean
    Any suggestions? Is there a relay somewhere that might be the issue?
    Any help would be much appreciated as its a pain in the butt and plus a big safety issue
    Thanks!

Sounds like you need to start tracing wires. Something is loose or broken to make intermittent contact like that. Sorry.
    1990 Protege 4WD
    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
    ├┼┤
    2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Originally posted by me109 View Post
      Sounds like you need to start tracing wires. Something is loose or broken to make intermittent contact like that. Sorry.
      All sorted buddy.
      Combo switch was not working. Car electrician installed a relay and everything is fine now
      Thanks

Comment

Oh good. Glad you got it fixed.
        1990 Protege 4WD
        GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
        ├┼┤
        2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Working...
        X