Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi! guess this goes into BG section now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi! guess this goes into BG section now.

Hi I dug this old project from deep in my parents yard. I hope to race it next year on the 1/4 mile. Just so rusty,so much body work and overall fab. Lots of fun so far.326frontenginemount.jpg

Cool
    91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

unique front mounting. what have you done for the rear mount??
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

The rear mount will be a mk4 VW dogbone. I planned out the shift linkage and the rear mount as i took a daydreaming nap underneath the car.

Comment

Can i ask why you shifted the engine forward as such??

I can sell you the supplies to create a traction bar from what your using there if its something of interest to you**
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

IIRC I put the engine in about 8yrs ago and I didn't have the information that the mx3 front right support was a direct fit solution. So I used the original and moved it up some. I also had to dent the transmission side rail to fit the Htype. I never really had issues with it in this position. With the front mount set up in this manner I won't have to modify or use the lower brace at all which is a huge plus because one of the studs were broken and I don't install the engine from the top. I slide it in and then raise it. Makes it easier and faster that way.

Comment

either way. i approve & im definitely fond on the lower support bar replacement

Comment

REM3.jpgSo atm this is how she sits.
                First time making an exhaust manifold, was challenging with the little tools i had but it works and its not horrendous.
                dontclose.jpg
                Oops. Yeh did I mention it was my first time? Cause my hood doesn't close and now i have to figure a way to get the radiators in. Oh well. Much to learn.
                dontclose2.jpg

tranny done..jpg
                Finally got my flywheel back and took the engine out for the hundredth time to get the clutch in. Looking good. Don't mind the blobs on the strut towers. I'm not sure what happened. Oh yeh I ****ed around with a welding machine for the first time some ages ago.

REM fab.jpg
                After playing with the VW dogbone nothing seemed to do so I reused the old AWR mx6 mounts and made my own.
                REM TEST.jpg
                REM1.jpg
                REMTEST 2.jpg
                There we go. Unpainted but finished pic. Sits in original location and fixes my issue of having the engine tilted too far back.

So I've been trying to get my hub bolts off but theyve been there forever and its been in the yard forever and even with a 6 foot pole and the wheels on the floor and taking all the air out of the tires I only managed to break a socket....I even tried 2 different electric impact guns. Sadly we don't own a compressor big enough to use anything more then an air blower or tire inflator. I also tried heating and freezing. Its gonna be a long week.

Comment

i'll be damn'd thats a mighty creative rear trans mount!

Comment

IMG_20141027_211042.jpg

Makes more sense now. Haven't worked on it all winter. I can't wait for summer to come.

Comment

holy $h!tballs!!
                      1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
                      Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
                      "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

whoa!

Comment

Wow I'm very impressed bro can't wait to see the numbers
                          sigpic

Comment

Just a bunch of fabricated mumbo jumbo to me atm but its coming along nicely. It rolled around my parents parking lot for a little while, now its sleeping. I need a few dollars to keep going. I'm also working hard on selling my condo and buying a house with a garage atm. So I still have no idea when ill get it to the track. I can't wait, the list of things to do are never ending it seems. That's ok though. It is my only 1 true hobby atm besides working on cars all day at work.

Comment

Eh ok. Redoing the fuel system. Going to use the rear 8gallon tank for ice and the front 1 gallon for fuel. Also made the system much shorter and lighter. Less tube, less hose. Less is more! Also getting the new harness ready for the AEM infinity ems. And getting all my sensors ready and some fabbed relay boxes. IMG_20150331_194717.jpgIMG_20150330_220251.jpgIMG_20150328_132731.jpgIMG_20150328_110222.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X