How to drain b6 transmission ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to drain b6 transmission ?

Hi guys .I have a 1988 323 b6 engine and transmission.How do i drain the transmission oil .I am not seeing no drain plug.Do u guys have any pic of where the drain plug might be.

It is on the bottom of the tranny

Comment

Thanks 4 d reply . I hav looked but no drain plug . Not seeing it .Do u hav

A pic or a diagram of where it is.

Comment

Isn't there jsut a really big 24mm drain plug on the underside of it? Really hard to miss.

Comment

Is it an automatic tranny? Then no there will not be a drain plug. You drop the pan.

Comment

Its an automatic tranny . Definitely I am not seeing no drain plug.So i have to loose the bolt for the pan n drop it .Wouldnt that leak transmission oil all over .I will have to get a wide container for that then.The reason i need to drain the tranny is because there is a leak.in the center n i am seeing it leaking by the axle.Need to replace those seals.
            Do u have any idea how to balance the engine when i remove the tranny ..

Comment

Leave the pan on. Just pul the axles and measure what comes out. Then replace the same amount. No balance is needed. Why would you take the tranny out to replace axle seals?

Comment

I will say replacing the drivers side axle seal is a real pain in the ass while the trans is in car. Not as big a pain as pulling the trans though.

In the event you do pull the trans just balance the engine with a floor jack and a block of wood on the oil pan.
                Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
                kitty, you are a hilarious woman
                Originally posted by HopelessCow
                there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
                Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

I am changing the torque converter seal as well.........Here is some pic of the tranny leak . Can u tell me where it is leaking from and what seal to changeClick image for larger version

Name:	20140818_182725.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	369.0 KB
ID:	1238837Click image for larger version

Name:	20140818_182828.jpg
Size:	378.8 KB
ID:	1238838Click image for larger version

Name:	20140818_183152.jpg
Size:	373.9 KB
ID:	1238839Click image for larger version