Kevlar KFP Performance Pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kevlar KFP Performance Pads

A buddy of mine who is a rally fabricator is working on the EGT right now. He passed on some pads that I can take for the car if I want.

KFP-473 Yellow (Gold) They're kevlar pads for the front on EGTs.

Does anyone have experience with these, particularly in motorsports use? I've never heard of them, but doing some research now, so we'll see what comes from it. I've also got the option to use some KFP blues for the rear, just have to find them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0819141814a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	212.2 KB
ID:	1272055Click image for larger version

Name:	0819141814.jpg
Size:	266.4 KB
ID:	1272056Click image for larger version

Name:	0819141813.jpg
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	1272057Click image for larger version

Name:	0819141814b.jpg
Size:	186.0 KB
ID:	1272058

Reference link - http://www.racing-stuff.com/kfp%20magnum.htm
    1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
    Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
    "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

From Manufactures site

P42A - Gold Color Average coefficient of friction .470. Moderate torque with low wear rate. For use in applications where thermal saturation is moderate to high. For use when constantly over 450 degrees F operating temperature. Has the broadest thermal zone of these materials. Commonly used as a front pad material choice on larger vehicles

P4211 - Blue Color Average coefficient of friction .490. Moderate torque with low wear rate. For use in applications where thermal saturation is low to moderate. For use when under 800 degrees F operating and under 1500 degrees F spiking. Common uses are rear applications for OEM based road race vehicles, vintage road-racing sport racers and open wheel cars plus small calipered formula fords.

I don't know how wide open your rally courses are or the time span you're running but I'd be worried about initial bite on turns even with the golds.
    And unless you handbrake is sticking or you've got crazy rear bias I'd doubt the blue rears would do you any bit of good.
    Last edited by Kitty; 08-20-2014, 04:16 PM.
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Working...
    X