BG hubs on a BF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BG hubs on a BF

What all does it take to put BG hubs, front and rear, on a BF?

I'm considering this for my newly acquire GT

If there's a link to a write up somewhere that I've missed please post it up

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

I'm about to do this myself and any info would be greatly appreciated as well.
    1988 Mazda 323 gt (red)
    1988 Mazda 323 gt (grey)
    1967 Lancia Fulvia coupe
    1969 Lancia Fulvia sport Zagato
    1986 Volkswagon Vanagon
    1988 Toyota pickup 4x4(white)
    1988 Toyota pickup 4x4(brown)
    yikes that's too many cars

Comment

Your strut mounts will need to be modified. This may be the biggest issue. bg hub strut ears are spaced farther apart by enough that washers won't take up the slack. Boltholes don't line ip either. When I played this game I just got out the sawzall and welder and swapped ears. Other than that, assuming you get the compllete hub /bearing/spindle assys, iirc they should just swap over.
      '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
      '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

I've heard it could cause camber issues if you use BG hubs with BF struts

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Probable. You're messing with suspension piivotpoint locations after all. grabbing bg struts would prolly be a good idea. I just can't recall if the topounts are all tgat different. I don't think they are but could be wrong. Could happen, I've seen me do it..
          '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
          '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
          http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Bumping this one.
            I just bought a bf with this conversion done to it.
            Previous owner did say it was a nightmare to set up the suspension.

I've got koni adjustable coilovers with camber plates.
            The bottom hub mounts are for bg, but the top hats are custom.
            Ill take a good look when I get a chance.
            I've got 16x7 momo wheels that are the wrong offset so I only have 4mm between tyre and spring, and 2 mm between tyre and guard. Very tight

Sent from my HP Slate 7 Beats Special Edition using Tapatalk

Comment

I have full Gtr hubs in my bfmr,
              I have racing logic coilovers, with ksport feet to match the gtr hub mounts, all round
              Then you need to slot the front A arms to take the BG lower ball joint
              For the rear either use all BG arms or you will need a spacer as the bottom of the hub is wider on the BF and the BG arms have the spacer built in

This is for a 4wd not sure about fwd cant be much different tho

Comment

Working...
              X