94 Mazda Protege hood scoop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

94 Mazda Protege hood scoop?

I am looking for a hood scoop like the Ride Of The Months. He says it is a WRX hood scoop but I can't really find anywhere online to order this scoop. Any of you guys have any links or ideas where to look? I'm slowly turning my '94 Mazda Protege into a beast.

don't do it.
    sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
    92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

There is this one. Likely the best price...
      Click image for larger version

Name:	$T2eC16ZHJG8FGrW0ek7jBR0e1ZnbYw~~60_57.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	1238909

However, if you decide to go this route, at least look towards making it functional. source one from a wrx with the intake hardware.
      1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
      Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
      "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Go to a junkyard that will let you wander around and look at anything with a scoop or vent. Imagine it on your hood. Might find something unexpected that you like, and get a good deal. One guy here put Lumina vents on a 323 and it looked great! I never would have thought of that. Also, vents will be easier to make functional than scoops.
        1990 Protege 4WD
        GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
        ├┼┤
        2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

NACA ducts ftmfw
          1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
          "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Why? The ride of the months hood scoop looks amazing.

Comment

No idea what that means lol.

Comment

wth rotm are you even talkin about? i thought that went buh-bye a wee bit ago

Comment

yeah that's been gone a while. who has a WRX vent, anyway? Bo?
                  sigpic

Comment

I think he's talking about Carlos' (cee1481) car.
                    Before you criticize someone, first try walking a mile in their shoes. Because then you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes...

Comment

oh word, forgot about him.
                      sigpic

Comment

yeah I am

Comment

Photoeye0 used to have a scoop. Maybe still does. It was custom.
                          1990 Protege 4WD
                          GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
                          ├┼┤
                          2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Working...
                          X