No announcement yet.

GTX fix up, on a budget with some unique twists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep.. it's pretty interesting.. I am not sure why but I think it's a Canadian only thing.. every gtx i have seen that came direct to Canada doesn't have the top spoiler.

Yeah I have no intentions of installing on..

Comment

Well last weekend it was time to do some more work on the GTX. The 28 year old muffler had bit the dust and split open. The exhaust gas was cooking everything in my trunk. No such a good thing.

A little trip to the store and I came home with some new goodies. A flow master 50 series, vibrant resonator and some 2.5" mandrel U bends.

Out with the old.

The GTX has a lot of little bends in the system which makes fabbing your own exhaust a bit of a pain in the ass.

This is what I call quality time with the little one... He was sure excited by all the sparks flying and everything.

The finished product. I need to dissasemble it though and retrieve a nut that dropped into the pipe during fabrication.. I didn't notice what had happened until I was all finished and fired it up. I could hear the little rattle and instantly knew what I did.. doh!!!

I have plans to change the tip. But I am not sure what I want to do. Any suggestions? I was thinking a little twin 2" chrome tip.

Comment

nice work!! Personally im a fan of using a turndown on a flowmaster system. (it greatly reduces the noise/resonance inside the car)
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

It does resonate a bit in the in the car..

Comment

A bit late to reply but, in my humble opinion, I would rock the "Grass Roots" motif. I like it the way it is. Good job sir.

Comment

Working...
            X