No announcement yet.

The breakup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome! I'll be looking for it. Does anyone know of a good aftermarket radiator that will fit my bf gtx? I need a good " cheap" one if anyone knows part numbers etc. I'm not trying to invest my life savings or anything too crazy. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Haha! Never mind, I just saw a post about it.

Comment

I think with a lot of help from a friend of mine. We may have a possible cause for the rich running condition and perhaps the cause of the breakup. My theory is because the bov is an atmospheric dump type, and wastegate the same, neither recirculate so when all the metered air from the maf (afm vaf) blows off, the maf already metered the air and adjusted the fuel for the charge air previous to dump. So when the metered air dumps off the fuel message was already sent and so without the original metered cfm there is not enough air to complete the combustion so it cuts fuel. I dunno if it makes sense to anyone but that's a theory I have.

Comment

Venting Air that has been metered is going to cause issues for sure.

As part of my initial build, I placed the Mass Air before the BOV in the system. The perfomance suffered.

After I put the Mass Air on the pressure side closest to the TB and very far away from the BOV, the car behaved really well between shifts and at idle.

Comment

Tomorrow I'm gonna start the ms install. It looks like it may take some time, I hope all goes smooth!!

Comment

Wonder if the engineers at mazda were afraid they weren't redundant enough? Holy s*** that car has so much redundant wiring. I'm half tempted to cut it all and start from scratch...too many sensors...too much wiring.

Comment

Which MS kit did you buy?

Comment

I bought the msII extra, pre assembled ecu. It's really straight forward, just so much of the factory stuff is overkill. I'm gonna just rewire as much as possible.
                  Last edited by Brody; 09-15-2014, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Cool, I need to get going on mine also!

Motivation:

Comment

Dayum!! That's what I hope to do with my car!! Def motivational!!!

Comment

brody. did the distributor arrive??
                        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Yes it did, yesterday. Thanks again!!

Comment

glad to hear. i hope it fixes your problems
                            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                            X