Car is dead, which fuse do we check?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car is dead, which fuse do we check?

2002 Protege5 5 speed stick w/170k miles on it (for sale in north DFW but don't have the right pics yet to post here yet)

After about a month of sitting in the drive way not getting started, I tried to start it and it acted like it wanted to turn over but did not. Lights came in, car dinged with door open. We tried jump starting the car but the cables got crossed (yes, huge idiot over here) and now there is no life what so ever. Putting the cables on the right way, still no life, makes me think a fuse took one for the team. So which fuse should I be looking at? I don't have a battery tester either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

does the positive lead have an inline fuse?

Comment

>Hey I'll be selling this car I just shorted out, good luck if you buy it.

The 80-100a(it's been a bit) main fuse should pop first. Its bolted in on the BJ.

Should being the keyword.
      Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
      kitty, you are a hilarious woman
      Originally posted by HopelessCow
      there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
      Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Main fuse. Biggest one should have popped. Anywhere from 80-120 amp fuse . Don't remember, I think it's an 80
        91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Working...
        X