• Time
  • Show
Clear All

p0455 code, and need an explanation of the evap system and one way valves

I keep throwing a p0455 code, for large evap leak
    on my 1997 1.5 with 130K

of course I replaced the gas cap, but that wasn't it
    the leak is larger

intelli fix, is recommending the canister drain cut valve....
    I've pulled the fender liner a couple of times and inspected all of the lines and connections
    I've also lightly pressurized the gas tank (7-8 psi) and sprayed soapy water on all of the lines and connections

none of the connections are leaking
    some of the 1 way valves show soap bubbles

I'm not certain though of the working steps of the 3 different one way valves and two different electrical connections in the system
    I realize it could actually be a failed pressure sensor with no leak really existing....

does anyone have a laymans explanation (pictures?) of the evap system in the back of the car/tank.

I will then need to next move to the front/engine bay part of the system also
    but so far nothing visually stands out.

Pinch the line for the purge solenoid valve and run a test. If it passes the solenoid valve needs replacing
    91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

perfect!

thank you !

Comment

Working...
      X