Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passenger side mount revisions and you.

TL;DR
    I don't think aftermarket suppliers sell a passenger mount that fits the cute little vibration damper.

To note the OEM one is ~$50-75 and it's part number is B45539060E That's a E revision code. That means 4 revisions, and I can't find the damper guy in either the collision or mechanical catalog. I doubt the OEM one will have the bracket in the right place if you buy one now.

I bought the cheapest passenger side mount I could a month ago because it's the only on in the car I hadn't replaced yet. It looked similar to the mount in the car. I popped the engine damper off first when I was going to replace it. And it was not going on easily.

I then returned it and got the more expensive one. It looked the same but with different casting numbers. JOY!

It is quite possible to get the top bracket to go on. It just needs some help

The factory bolt was pretty decimated already so I replaced it with a Home depot special.

Also the bolt hole that runs through the mount is in a slightly different location than my factory mount. But by the way the mount sits with load on it I think better off being mounter lower in the new mount.

This photo maybe be orientated horribly, photobucket is not happy today.

Has anyone gotten a mount made in the last few years that was the same as stock? Hell are new OEM mounts the same as stock now. Why can't I find the little damper guy in the parts catalog. Why is there so much damn clutter in that area of the engine bay?
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

I know Jon Rood (roodworks) makes a solid passenger mount. He might be able to make a oe equivalent if that what you're aiming for. On here, he goes by Jrally I think.
    Before you criticize someone, first try walking a mile in their shoes. Because then you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes...

Comment

Eh I'm too much of an old man now to want solid mounts.

I'm actually pretty happy with the current mount I have at present. I have an extra 1/4-1/2 inch clearance by the frame rail now so the next time I have to pull the water pump pulley I might not feel the need to murder children.
      Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
      kitty, you are a hilarious woman
      Originally posted by HopelessCow
      there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
      Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Working...
      X