Couple of LX Proteges ; Blue to gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of LX Proteges ; Blue to gold

Hello, I've been a member for a while, but the futility of the search for the parts for the first Protege had put me in a bit of an depression, so i didn't even want to present it here, but rather let her sit in a garage for the last 2-3 years.

Here are a few pics of the first one.

Then it sat in the garage for a couple of years waiting for me to come to my senses.
    Then a few months ago I saw an add for a gold BP automatic LX Protege an hour away from my house, went there to cough out 400€ and bring it home. It is far from perfect, but a great example with low mileage (9x xxx miles on the clock), and rust free. It needs some things to be sorted out, mainly, comically repaired front end.
    Luckily i'll have that transferred from the blue one witch is a parts car now. Next thing is to remove an illegal LPG installation to replace it with a proper one, and in the end to get rid of that ugly wing on the boot.
    Here is a picture of her when i came to pick her up. The registration expired, hence the tow truck.

[URL=http://s162.photobucket.com/user/Rockatansky78/media/mazda/DSC_0006_zpsoltxr9ay.jpg.html]
    Attached Files

Left it at a friends garage, who also lent me the tow truck, for a couple of months waiting for summer to pass so i can have some free time to work around her. Few days ago i started ripping apart the blue one to get the parts i need.

And in the end a few pics of the car itself, mainly the interior.

Comment

Is that pop up wind breaker on the sunroof standard over there? That's pretty neat.

Sucks you didn't manage to get the grey interior in either of them though.

You going to keep the gold one a slush box?
      Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
      kitty, you are a hilarious woman
      Originally posted by HopelessCow
      there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
      Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

I don't know if it is a standard equipment, but i have it on both of them. The blue is Eu, but the gold is us.
        Regarding the interior i like blue the most, but it wouldn't look good on a gold car.

Slush box???

Comment

Slush box = automatic. The pop-up wind breaker is standard here too. At least both of my sunroofs, and all the others that I've seen have had them.

The blue one looks like it has a gray interior from your pics. Could be gray or blue. I guess it's blue from your comment above, but it really looks gray to me.
          1990 Protege 4WD
          GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
          ├┼┤
          2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Automatic stays for now, when i'm bored with it i'll swap it.
            Regarding the interior, it is blue and it looks great on light blue car, but the gold one is in so much better condition.

Comment

I am having a problem and nobody here knows what i am talking about :D
              The car is having problems staying on normal idle. I usually idles too high, and sometimes it gets stuck in some sort of a loop just above 2000 rpm, it jumps between 2-2200 rpm. Checked air meter and throttle body and both looks ok. Checked the vacuums, all ok. Here comes the strange part. When installing the cruise control couple weeks ago i disconnected the cable going from TB to somewhere bellow the engine, transmission i presume. With it disconnected the engine worked like a charm, idled ok, no nonsense. The only thing wrong was that the transmission kept sliding shifting to 3rd more and more. I connected it back again and now the bad idle is back but the gear change is good. I also noticed that depending witch hole i bolt it to it changes the shifting. If it is a bit loose it is ok, but moving it to other hole when it is a bit strung it changes gears rough. What that cable does and what can be done to it to solve this problem?

Comment

Anybody...please???

Comment

Can you get a picture or two of the cable you're talking about? Does your car have an idle adjustment screw on the TB?
                  1995 626: daily beater, mostly stock. Future NASA racer?

Next up: Speed6 or RX-8

Comment

Working...
                  X