Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Megasquirt 2 hell

Never mind I think I figured it out.
    Last edited by Brody; 09-30-2014, 01:36 PM.

How's the install going?

Comment

It was rocking along pretty good, taking my time and doing a correct install until I got to the ignition pull up mods that need to be done to run the miata cas. Apparently the v3.57 pcb is set up to surface mount most of the components making the required mods for the cas almost impossible for me. I'm not an ace with an iron. Haha. So hopefully I get some kind of resolve from MS about it because it's all I have left to do install wise....

Comment

Wow..cool. Hope you have been snapping pics along the way and can put together a thread?

Comment

Unfortunately I haven't done too much in the way of documenting any of this process. Im mainly a mechanically minded person and this is my first major wiring project. It was definitely a head scratcher most of the time. I still have some work to do but I'm getting closer. Hopefully I'll attempt to start it Sunday or Monday and see if everything works as I have set it up.

Comment

Wow..that is super cool and looking forward to a report back.

Comment

Got everything hooked up and tried to start it yesterday, no spark. So now the headache begins. Gotta do some data logging and try to figure it out. All I know as of now is there is power going to the cas and coil but haven't checked signal yet. Hopefully I can get the procedure for checking the signals today and get it figured out. If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears. I've loaded the base tune from the GTX build on spitfire EFI's website to get a close base tune but nothing. Does anyone know of a good base tune to go with for a 88 gtx? I'm sure the tune isn't the problem since its a spark delivery problem but I would like a tune set up on the newest firmware. If anyone knows anything, again I would appreciate it.

Comment

Have you tried emailing DIYAutoTune?

Glad to read the progress.

Comment

are your trigger settings right?
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I thought I did but I think I got confused somewhere and entered some wrong info or something isn't set correctly. I'm going to hook up the stim to it tomorrow and make a completely new tune and see if I can get somewhere with it. If not I'll log everything and put it up for viewing. I'm sure I probably have the tune completely out of whack. I'll update more tomorrow night. So close yet so far away.

Comment

2014-10-06_18.55.26.msl.zip2014-10-06_21.50.27.msl.ziphere are some logs from todays attempt to start. I dunno what any of it means but im sure someone does. Click image for larger version

Name:	GTX2.png
Views:	1
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	1238971Click image for larger version

Name:	GTX3.png
Views:	1
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	1238972

Comment

Ow. My eyes. That makes the Haltech datalogs look crystal clear. Dammit. My newish street car has ms2 in it. Guess I better start learnin...
                        '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
                        '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
                        http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Two problems I see your tps and your coolant are reading way off.
                          Tps -13.2%
                          Clt -14.3F
                          12 cbr250r: daily ride
                          01 saab 9-3: daily
                          98 gsxr 1100: for sale
                          93L: money pit/ space waster
                          92GL: low and slow beater
                          90?: the rust free shell
                          89LX: swapping to rust free shell
                          89L: for sale
                          89L: parts
                          87 conquest: dohc 4g64 swap underway
                          76+80 vw dashers: for sale

Comment

I tried calibrating the tps and coolant sensor to no avail. I think I must have some conflicts in the info I entered or the universe doesn't want my gtx to run... Haha. I'm gonna try to get that resolved today and see if I can get a better idea what's going on.

Comment

If they aren't reading right you have something wired wrong
                              12 cbr250r: daily ride
                              01 saab 9-3: daily
                              98 gsxr 1100: for sale
                              93L: money pit/ space waster
                              92GL: low and slow beater
                              90?: the rust free shell
                              89LX: swapping to rust free shell
                              89L: for sale
                              89L: parts
                              87 conquest: dohc 4g64 swap underway
                              76+80 vw dashers: for sale

Comment