This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.6L ZM-DE Header Choices

Just bringing this to the top. Mostly for those 99-00 1.6l that have been searching for headers.

Da SR20 Beast

Man Shem why did you have to bring this up just as I have no need for them? Good find though, although I agree with you about the hp claims being a little on the high side.

P.S. What is this I hear about you selling the pro?

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
      Man Shem why did you have to bring this up just as I have no need for them? Good find though, although I agree with you about the hp claims being a little on the high side.

P.S. What is this I hear about you selling the pro?

Well I've read about several 1.6l'ers wanting headers and had trouble finding them. So, I re-awoke my VERY old thread from protegeclub.com in hopes of helping and giving them more options.
      Da SR20 Beast

Comment

But as mentioned but not discussed is that the 1.6L has only one Cat. Thus the Header will remove it, correct?
        Jeremy W
        '99 1.6L Protege
        JDM Clear corners/ Injen Intake/ AWR Motor Mounts/ CP Racing 4 point Strut Tower Brace/ CP Racing Lower Tie Bar/ Brullen Cat-Back Exhaust/ JDM Mazdaspeed Adjustable Struts/ Mazdaspeed B-Spec Springs/ Mazdaspeed Front & Rear Swaybars/ Mazdaspeed Trailing Links/ Goodridge Stainless Steel brake lines/ 16" Rota Racing Grids on Falken Azenis/ P5 Steering Wheel/ CG Lock/ Alpine 9833 Deck/ Focal Access 165A (fronts) and Fosgate 6x9 (rears)/ JL Audio 12W3 (sub)/ Zapco 650 Amp/ 1 Farad Cap connect with 2 gauge wire/ Clifford Alarm

Comment

the protege's in the US have to cats. I dont know about yall up in canada....
          My OLD Car

Comment

yea well those links broke...
            My OLD Car

Comment

Originally posted by redrims
              Just bringing this to the top. Mostly for those 99-00 1.6l that have been searching for headers.

http://www.protegeclub.com/forum/sho...threadid=23143
              The link for the OBX headers didn't work (at least it didn't for me), but I happened to come across a site that has them listed on there. If I remember correctly, here is the link....

Once you get there, go to Performance - Engine - Header - OBX - then either Chrome or Ceramic. I think the price is like 147.00 plus shipping.

Comment

damn $450 for a complete header back exhaust....cant beat that.
                According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Yeh, that was a very old post I made on the ole' protegeclub.com....lol So I didn't really expect the links to really work.

But I still posted so you guys can see what companies made them.
                  Da SR20 Beast

Comment

Whoa! Beware of that streetstyler place! That is a sorry company with a very sketchy reputation... I ordered some stuff from them and not only are they not able to supply the OBX headers, but fraudulent charges were made on the credit card (Tickets to Yugoslavia!!!!!!!! WTF?)
                    mota mazda

Comment

Does anyone know how to correct the problem with the transmission Range Switch... if anyone is having the same problem let me know... it has to do with supposedly dirty connections, but i have done everything, even had it to a tranny shop, and no one knows how to fix it. its on a 1999 pro LX 1.6
                      Last edited by brian1.6; 06-24-2004, 10:26 AM. Reason: not enough info

Comment

So where else could I find the OBX for relatively cheap? Everywhere else I have seen it for 250.00 and higher. I have about 150.00-160.00 to spend on a header.

Originally posted by mota mazda
                        Whoa! Beware of that streetstyler place! That is a sorry company with a very sketchy reputation... I ordered some stuff from them and not only are they not able to supply the OBX headers, but fraudulent charges were made on the credit card (Tickets to Yugoslavia!!!!!!!! WTF?)

Comment

Originally posted by steve_protege
                          The link for the OBX headers didn't work (at least it didn't for me), but I happened to come across a site that has them listed on there. If I remember correctly, here is the link....

Once you get there, go to Performance - Engine - Header - OBX - then either Chrome or Ceramic. I think the price is like 147.00 plus shipping.
                          Dude thank for the link they have them for $175.00 im going to start saving for this i have been looking for a while for some headers!
                          And to those who say that the altezza's are fugly

Comment

No problem man. But be careful though. If you look two or three posts up from mine, you will see that the streetstyler place is supposedly shady. Mota was saying that "he/she" had some fradulent (sp?) credit card charges and never got the header that was ordered. I was just asking if anyone else knew where to find the OBX header (other than streetstyler.com) for relatively cheap.

Originally posted by ablanco_jr2000
                            Dude thank for the link they have them for $175.00 im going to start saving for this i have been looking for a while for some headers!

Comment

Whats left for us 1.6ers now? Protegegarage.com has closed down and Ken no longer sells the OBX headers there anymore. I have yet to find the Arospeed or Ractive header?

Comment

Working...
                              X