Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

only thing left for us 1.6ers is a custom turbo. even wanger wont respone to me about the turbo kit they made awhile back.
    sigpic
    1987 Rx7 TurboII (Stripped and Crush R.I.P )
    1987 Rx7 Sport (Street port Rebuild almost done.)
    2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ sports package

Comment

give up, save up, and buy a first gen.
      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

trying to sale the 1.6er to get me a swapped 323
        sigpic

Comment

so i was changing the oil in my car when i looked and realize.. what a minute.. i thought i was supposed to have two cats. i only see one. the large one right under my cracked exhuast manifold. Is the 2001+ 1.6 motors have 2 cats? i checked to see if someone replaced it with a pipe but i see no weld marks and the second o2 sensor is right after the cat.

if i were to buy those OBX headers would that make it so i had no cats at all?
          sigpic

Comment

I still cant find a place for 1.6L header

2 1/2" Custom Exhaust, Injen Intake, Strut Bar, 17"s, Evo III Body Kit....More to Come
            2001 1.6 Liter Auto.

Comment

Originally posted by Protege_Joe
              I still cant find a place for 1.6L header
              I hear ya man. Im in the same boat. However, I did manage to find a place. I e-mailed the people @ Tuning Depot.com and they told me to contact them in a month and they should have the 1.6 header around that time.

Comment

Originally posted by steve_protege
                I hear ya man. Im in the same boat. However, I did manage to find a place. I e-mailed the people @ Tuning Depot.com and they told me to contact them in a month and they should have the 1.6 header around that time.

Forget the header. HiBoost loves us Turbo 1.6l
                Da SR20 Beast

Comment

1.6 liter turbo bolt on right here http://www.turbokits.com/protege_turbo_kits.html

2 1/2" Custom Exhaust, Injen Intake, Strut Bar, 17"s, Evo III Body Kit....More to Come
                  2001 1.6 Liter Auto.

Comment

SR motorsports now carries a 1.6L header.............

Comment

Originally posted by macdaddyslomo
                      SR motorsports now carries a 1.6L header.............
                      For the friggin 2001+ models. No good man!!! I need one for the 1.6 liter 2000 model year sedan.

Comment

Originally posted by Protege_Joe
                        bolt on
                        Might want to rephrase that.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
                          and your 2000 is different because?
                          Thanks Edwin, sometimes I forget and think people have common sense

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
                            and your 2000 is different because?

I only said that because I didn't know if the 1.6 liter on the 2001+ model has a different type of engine as opposed to the 1.6 liter of the 2000 model. Obviously though, I must of been mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by macdaddyslomo
                              Thanks Edwin, sometimes I forget and think people have common sense

No need to be an ass or anything. Just didn't know if they are different or not. My fault.

Comment

I talked to both the people at Tuning Depot and Dave @ OBX Racing and and they said the same thing about the 1.6 liter OBX header......

Dave said the ZM-DE header will be released the first week of June and be priced around 300.00 . However, he told me to contact the people at Tuning Depot and ask about discounts and internet pricing. The 2.0 liter header is priced a little over 200.00 so we can use that as a bargaining tool to possibly get our 1.6 liter one a little cheaper. I'll try to persuade Tuning Depot to set up a GB on all of the forums for us. Since we have been waiting for almost forever, we should be able to get some kind of special price break.

Comment

Working...
                                X